In business as well as in life, there are times when you need a little pick-me-up. Whether you’re already working remotely, you want to, or you’re just in need of a boost, we’ve heard some great quotes from the leaders of remote companies we’ve interviewed over the last year.
These 13 inspirational business quotes from remote company leaders will definitely motivate you, whether it’s to (finally!) make the transition to becoming a remote company, or to keep your staff—and yourself—performing well, productive, and happy!
13 Inspirational Business Quotes from Remote Company Leaders:
1. Live your life—and your dreams.
“Live your dreams, don’t dream your life.”
– Claire O’Connell, Director, People & Culture, Canonical
2. Trust the journey.
“Trust that everything in your career will work out the way it should, and that you can’t stuff it up if it’s meant to be. All roads will lead you where you need to go, it might not be exactly how you imagined it.”
– Kate Kendall, Founder and CEO, CloudPeeps
3. Just do it.
“A favorite guiding quote along these lines is, ‘If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done (Bruce Lee).’”
– Brian Patterson, Partner, Go Fish Digital
4. Go for it!
“If you’re not ‘Hell yeah’ about something you should say no to it.”
– Andrew Berkowitz, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer, TeamSnap
5. Plan ahead.
“The best boss I ever worked for told me, ‘She with a plan wins.’ This statement reinforces how important it is to always begin by asking, ‘Why?’”
– Brian de Haaff, Co-founder & CEO, Aha!
6. It isn’t always easy.
“When it comes to challenging times, I often say, ‘If it was easy, someone else would be doing it.’”
– Giacomo ‘Peldi’ Guilizzoni, Founder & CEO, Balsamiq
7. Lace up those sneakers.
“Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up, it knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn’t matter whether you’re the lion or a gazelle—when the sun comes up, you’d better be running.”
– Martin Van Ryswyk, EVP Engineering, DataStax
8. Short and sweet makes a point.
“No excuses, just results.”
– Jay Friedman, Chief Operating Officer, Goodway Group
9. Fear can be good…for business.
“If it’s not a little scary, it’s not worth doing!”
– Kathryn Ottinger, Director of Marketing, Intridea/Mobomo
10. Hire wisely.
“Our guiding management philosophy is: ‘Hire smart people and get out of their way.’”
– David Fullerton, VP of Engineering, Stack Overflow
11. Learn from mistakes.
“If you’re going to go fast enough to succeed, you’re going to make mistakes. How you deal with those mistakes…that’s the key (Dan Levin, COO at Box).”
– Breanden Beneschott, Co-founder/COO, Toptal
12. Don’t time it all.
“Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway (Earl Nightingale).”
– Tom VanBuren, Content Manager, Edgar
13. There are always consequences.
“When kicking off a new project, my advice to my team is: Stuff happens. Bigger stuff will happen if you tell me at the last minute.”
– Nita Tune, Director of Project Management, SitePen