Remote work grew 115% from 2005 to 2015, and this growth means more industries are offering this form of flexible work. We’re taking a look below at a handful of industries that are quickly adding remote jobs. You may be surprised by the variety and type of career areas that are joining the remote work movement.
Last month, our sister site FlexJobs highlighted a list of 10 fast-growing remote career categories, based on our research of FlexJobs’ listings. We took a look at the list and found a sampling of fully remote jobs currently available in each of these nine categories on Remote.co. Click on each job title below to find out more about the role and requirements, and check out Remote.co’s job board for even more fully remote jobs.
14 Remote Jobs in Fast-Growing Industries
Math & Economics
- Online Math Tutor: This remote position will provide one-on-one tutoring to students online. The ability to have a flexible schedule is a huge benefit of this job.
- Bilingual Telephonic Case Manager: Working for a major insurance company, this role will assess members’ current health status, identify gaps in treatment plans, provide patient education, and more.
Nonprofit & Philanthropy
- Curriculum and Instruction Operations Coordinator: Experience at an educational nonprofit will qualify you for this position that oversees operations and ensures planning, scheduling, tight efficiency and responsiveness, and disciplined follow-through.
- National Consultant, Volunteerism: Working for a national nonprofit, this role will develop organization-wide volunteerism strategies, resources, and tools.
- Marketing Specialist: Duties for this remote job include driving recruitment and participation in a fundraising event, distributing marketing materials, and developing campaign plans.
- Product Marketing Manager: Working remotely, this role will build product launch strategies, write messages for various channels, and manage content creation.
- Social Media Marketing Manager: An experienced marketing manager will plan, strategize, oversee, and execute the social media marketing campaign.
- Software Engineer: Working for the world’s largest cloud platform, the software engineer will write clean and secure code, work on the backend for company products, and interact with other engineers.
- Implementation Project Manager: A project manager with two years’ experience will collect, input, verify, correct, and analyze data to measure key performance indicators actual versus business objectives.
- Senior Project Manager: Duties include managing projects with regard to budget, negotiating with partners, leading the scoping and sizing of complex projects, and more.
- Medical Safety Reviewer III: With a health science background, the medical safety reviewer will accurately code assigned data fields, identify when terms or drug names are inadequate, and provide consultation to safety reviewers.
- Law Enforcement Transcriber: This freelance, remote job will transcribe audio content of criminal investigations, internal affairs, and various law enforcement audios.
- Legal Transcriptionist: Previous court reporter legal transcription experience is required for this transcription job, which is based remotely.
- Pharma/Regulatory Editor: The editor will edit and proofread pharmaceutical/regulatory documents that include manuscripts, CSRs, CTDs, safety reports, and protocols.
Photo Credit: bigstockphoto.com