Great Minds, a rapidly growing non-profit organization developing world-class curricula for PK-12, seeks a Writing Editor to join our dynamic, dedicated team. Our mission is to ensure all students have access to a quality education and the full range of liberal arts and sciences.
The uncompromising curriculum from Great Minds assumes that every child is capable of greatness. We bring teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom, Eureka Math, and PhD Science, all give school teachers what they need to take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences.=
The Writing Editor ensures that all Eureka Math contentincluding print and digital curricula, professional development presentations, and public-facing documentsmeets our quality standards for clarity, readability, voice, and tone by identifying areas for improvement and making revisions. A successful Writing Editor demonstrates command of the English language, strong communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of writing in Eureka Math content.
- Demonstrate editorial sensibility, including the ability to
- edit and attend to precise, academic language,
- ensure the appropriate voice and tone,
- identify specific areas in which content should be revised, and
- apply and give constructive feedback.
- Adhere to
- Work collaboratively with teams within the department, including content developers, math auditors, and managing editors.
- the Great Minds Editorial Style Guide,
- the Eureka Math Style Guide, and
- the Chicago Manual of Style (CMOS).
- Four-year or advanced college degree, preferably related to Math Education or English
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an editor of curricula or other publications
- Superior technical writing and editing skills
- Familiarity working with CMOS
- Ability to adapt to the organization’s style, voice, and tone
- Understanding of Prekindergarten through Grade 12 reading (e.g., Lexile) and comprehension levels
- Applies a meticulous eye for detail while keeping a global perspective
- Strong communication skills
- Experience as an editor for a mathematics publication
- Efficiency and organization across multiple projects
- Personal accountability, urgency, and persistence in completing high-quality work products
- Flexibility during periods of rapid change
- Appreciation for, and adherence to, a task- and deadline-driven workflow
- Passion for quality resources within the Prekindergarten through Grade 12 educational system
- Growth mindset and a welcoming attitude toward constructive feedback
- Self-motivation to thrive in a remote work setting
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, Equation Editor, Adobe Reader, and SharePoint
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Full-time regular position
- Remote position
- Excellent benefits package
Please submit a cover letter with a resume.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.