Workforce Engagement Publications Lead at Dignity Health
Workforce Engagement Publications Lead
- Job ID: 2020-106718
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: IT Program Effectiveness
- Hours / Pay Period: 80
- Facility: Dignity Health System Office
- Shift: Day
- Location: ANY – Remote Opportunity
- Optional Work Location: US-AZ-Phoenix
- Optional Work Location: US-CO-DENVER
- Standard Hours: Monday – Friday
- Work Schedule: 8 Hour
Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, is a 22-state network of more than 9,000 physicians, 63,000 employees, and 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging and surgery centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY17, Dignity Health provided $2.6 billion in charity care, community benefit, and unpaid cost of government programs.
Provides lead support in the daily, weekly and quarterly writing and development of content for a variety of communications channels. Helps to keep CommonSpirit’s IT & Digital (ITD) workforce of nearly 5,000 engaged with ITD important initiatives, news, actions, and events. Manages ITD publication production and regular distribution including a weekly newsletter which feeds content to an employee app, as well as to system level communications. Provides editing and communications services to a variety of stakeholders in ITD.
- Provides process and/or delivery support for business and internal customers; resolves moderate to high complexity issues.
- Acts as a SME for one or more processes.
- May be assigned (or may lead) one or more process improvement efforts.
- Provides process development or implementation of low to medium complexity and cross-functional process improvement efforts.
- Provides communications support and deliverables at the departmental and Enterprise levels
- Liaisons with facilities
- May be assigned to provide communications services to one or more projects
- Serves as a Communications Lead or point
- Acts as a communications SME about communications and Dignity Health corporate brand application
- Bachelors, Associates, Technical Degree; and/or one or more IT, process or other relevant certifications; or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree in Communications or related field, or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years’ of relevant field experience required.
- 4-6 years in public relations, internal communications and/or nonprofit or healthcare communications; graphic design and production in print and/or digital media; public speaking
- Strong communication and integration skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers including listening, asking relevant questions, and giving appropriate guidance and feedback.
- Attention to detail.
- Works independently with only general direction and minimal supervision. Uses skills and abilities to complete moderate complexity tasks, including deciding which processes to use.
- Ability to interact and build strong relationships with all levels of the IT organization required
- Intermediate analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Good Presentation skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proficient in all MS business applications/Adobe InDesign intermediate level
- Ability to actively participate in teams in a complex and matrixed environment
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality products.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, schedule and meet deadlines
- Advanced ability to understand client expectations and to proactively resolve issues that impact the business.
- Knowledge of A/P style required.
- Bachelors/Technical degree preferred.
- Experience in an IT role supporting healthcare or hospital/medical industry preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in a large corporate environment preferred.
- 5-7 years of professional communications/internal public relations experience preferred.
- Certification in IT operations, application development, and/or systems administration or other relevant certification preferred.
- Certification in health care writing or public relations preferred.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new applications and technology.
- Employs intermediate concepts, practices, and procedures relating to process analysis and design.
- Intermediate knowledge of documentation processes/procedures.
- Strong knowledge of health care environments preferred.
- Intermediate skills in Adobe InDesign preferred.
- Associated Press (A/P) writing style is preferred. Use of blogging apps, Adobe InDesign, Flipping Book and distribution services such as MailChimp preferred for immediate success.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!