+ You’d be developing custom WordPress sites. We believe in coding custom sites from scratch and we hope you do too.
+ You’d be supporting our team with one of our key clients. While they have a WordPress site, there’s a lot of complex coding involved and we need someone to support our lead developer with that.
+ You’d be working with our team to address technical support tickets and client requests as they come in. Flexibility, problem solving, and team collaboration are key aspects of this responsibility.
+ You’d be communicating with the team regularly. We use Slack for regular communication and Basecamp for project management. There are occasionally some video chats we’ll need to do either via video chat.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- You know how to work with Woocommerce.
- You’ve used Advanced Custom Fields before (we use this on many projects).
- You understand how to work with cPanels, update databases directly, and are confident migrating websites to new hosts.
- You can troubleshoot when a site has been hacked or simply been broken by a client who has gone too far in code.
This job IS for you if:
- You believe the best code is clean, simple, and well-organized.
- You are detailed oriented and meticulous. You get letter spacing, fonts, and column widths right. And you’ll even make sure the site ends up with custom favicon.
- You get projects done on time (or early).
- You are honest and have no tolerance for drama.
- You like working on projects for soulful and creative entrepreneurs.
- You can handle a workload of at least 1-2 custom projects per month. Projects vary in length, taking anywhere between 20 and 50 hours (for a skilled developer), with some larger ones taking longer.
- You are comfortable using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to gather information from designs for development.
- You can commit to the position for at least nine months.
Our ideal candidate is a developer who has an exacting aesthetic eye and the ability to make things so intuitive that the non savvy user can feel comfortable editing.
This job IS NOT for you if:
- You are repeatedly late getting work done.
- You dislike or have problems with regular communication.
- You prefer to start out with a pre-made theme with page builders for website development.
- You often miss details.
- You think that a 28px margin is the same thing as a 25px margin. Or that Helvetica is the same thing as Open Sans