Web QA Specialist at Noodle
Web QA Specialist
- United States
Online education is no longer a novel or niche idea. It is the fastest-growing segment in higher education, accounting for 20% of all enrollees and 35% of graduate-level certificates and degrees. It’s also getting increasingly competitive, as more and better programs are launched each semester. Universities need to go online quickly, economically, and elegantly, creating programs that students can’t wait to tell their friends about and that their professors want to teach.
Noodle helps universities bring programs online with flexibility, transparency, alignment, efficiency, and joy. That’s why more top universities chose us last year than all other online program managers combined. We are a passionate team of technologists, educators, and experts. Online learning has the potential to transform higher education; if you’re interested in being part of that journey, keep reading!
Reporting to the head of Digital Operations, and working alongside our existing team of content developers and web engineers, you will help to ensure that the work that is produced by the Web Development team is of a high quality and directly meets the needs of the business. The testing process is a crucial part of the development cycle, giving opportunity within this role to make a direct and immediate impact upon divisional success.
The Web QA Specialist position covers the testing of web functionality (forms, links, navigation, etc.), browser and device compatibility, and web accessibility based on the WCAG 2.0 Level AA standards as well as compliance with the ADA, Section 508, and other accessibility-related laws. It will also be the responsibility of the Web QA Engineer to check for basic typographical and content formatting errors.
This position will ideally suit candidates with excellent communication skills who are highly motivated, methodical, and passionate about delivering quality solutions, and who will possess excellent attention to detail and solid experience in testing websites and web applications.
As a Web QA Specialist, you will:
- Identifying test scenarios for website solutions produced by the team
- Writing test plans to perform functional, standards, and cross-browser compliance testing
- Checking for spelling, grammar, broken links, missing images, graphical layout issues on websites
- Executing various testing techniques across websites and web applications to ensure the highest possible quality of products before release
- Developing and maintaining standard templates for testing applications for WCAG accessibility compliance.
- Creating and executing WCAG test plans and test scenarios of new sites and upgrades to existing sites.
- Creating precise defect reports for any issues found during testing, with clear instructions for replication of issues
- Working with product owners, developers and test leads to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features
- Analyzing and troubleshooting reported defects and internal issues
- Communicating test efforts and status on current projects
- Ensuring all work meets customer expectations and departmental quality standards
- May create/maintain automated test scripts
- High level of IT literacy
- Proven previous experience in testing websites and web applications
- Ability to define test cases from functional requirements
- Expert in cross-browser/environment testing
- Experience in specific tools and processes used in web software testing
- Knowledge of web standards and technologies including accessibility compliance
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent planning, organization and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to “think outside of the box”
- An aptitude for ongoing learning and ability to develop skill sets
- Professional, positive and results-oriented approach
- Focussed and enjoys working independently
- Knowledge of website programming concepts a plus
- Familiarity with Jira a plus
- Familiarity with Selenium or other automation testing tools a big plus
- Work from our beautiful NYC office! OR Work from the comfort of your home office!
- Great compensation package!
- 401K + match, bonus potential, and equity opportunities
- Tools you need on us! Mac is our computer of choice
- Our insurance plan offers medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability coverage, plus supplementals for all employees and dependents
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 10 paid holidays + paid sick leave + refresh Fridays
- Monthly Gym Reimbursement and Membership to premium medical services like One Medical and Eden Health
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Annual education stipend for lifelong learning
- Growth – we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees can be themselves and grow within and around the company
Noodle is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone. We value and celebrate our differences because those differences are what make our team shine. We hire great people from different backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us stronger as a whole. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!