Web Developer at Olly Olly
Title: Web Developer
Category: Software Development
Job Type: Full-Time
About the Role
Are you looking to join a dedicated and skilled team of developers committed to designing customized websites that produce tangible results for businesses of all shapes and sizes?
The Web Developer at Olly Olly will translate designs and create efficient, secure and flexible themes and websites, by working closely with the Design and QA team. The team of Web Developers is knowledgeable in best practices and technical requirements, and are able to provide guidance in website placement and integration with other platforms.
As a Web Developer you will be comfortable speaking to other developers, designers and non-technical stakeholders. You are not scared of bringing new ideas and insights, as we are constantly improving and evolving our designs as well as our technical capabilities to stay ahead of our competition and provide a high quality web presence for thousands of clients.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will
- Ensure the quality of all development department deliveries, by designing new solutions and approaches to bottlenecks and pain points
- Spearhead continuous improvement efforts, including upskilling and coaching current staff on web development best practices and most current tools
- Convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages, integrate APIs and other platforms with WordPress websites.
- Create documentation and reports necessary to use themes and provide performance data, troubleshooting and optimizing existing themes and designs in order to improve performance and usability.
- Conduct constant research on new technologies in order to improve processes and solve internal & external client needs.
We’re excited about you because you bring
- 5+ years of experience in responsive Front End Development
- 4+ years building WordPress themes and websites
- 4+ years using web performance and debugging tools
- Demonstrable experience in UI/UX best practices
- Working experience in code repositories and code versioning tools
- Working experience with QA and testing best practices and tools
- Familiarity with Cloud platforms such as GCP
- A Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent (not a requirement)
- Professional English skills (you will communicate often with Management)
Proven Working Knowledge in:
- PHP 7
- Git, Figma, Crossbrowsertesting
- RESTful APIs and response formats
These competencies will make you fit right in…
- Attention to Detail | Possess a strong sense of monitoring and checking information, while organizing time and resources efficiently.
- Collaboration | Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well both independently and in a team setting. Professional demeanor and dependable work ethic.
- Goal Oriented | Self-starter with a strong work ethic and resourceful spirit. An entrepreneurial mindset, competitive spirit, ownership and pride in what you do.
- Process-Oriented | Team player who cares deeply about streamlining the inner-workings of the company with the motivation to meet deadlines. Takes initiative and exhibits sound decision-making.
- Innovation | Strong commitment to continuous improvement, ability to continually seek new sourcing options, and develop creative approaches to sourcing.
What We Offer
- Job Stability
- Get paid in USD
- Work From Home
- Schedule: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday
- PTO + Holidays
- An inclusive, tight-knit, exciting start-up environment offering career & personal growth
Olly’all Are Welcome
At Olly Olly, we embrace and celebrate our differences. We believe that diverse backgrounds, cultures, abilities, experiences, thoughts and perspectives lead to more creative problem-solving, better outcomes and ultimately a stronger organization. Olly Olly is proud to be an equitable opportunity employer, therefore employment is based solely on an individual’s merit and qualifications directly related to their professional competence. We do not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions, or any other basis protected by law or local ordinance.