Visual Designer, Digital at Gopuff
Visual Designer, Digital, Remote
- UNITED STATES /
- PRODUCT – PRODUCT /
- FULL TIME
Gopuff is at a pivotal point of growth, evolving rapidly to meet the needs of new customers in new locations and deliver on exciting brand partnership opportunities. 2021 also marks an important moment: the creation and rollout of an awesome new brand identity. The Creative Studio sits strategically, creatively and executionally at the center of this, connected to every part of the Gopuff organization in order to bring the brand’s vision and identity to life through every visual and verbal brand touchpoint.
The Creative Studio is looking for a Designer for its brand design team who will be responsible for creating, executing and developing best-in-class design work, according to the newly-established identity system. This role will be a member of the brand design team with a focus on projects for the Growth and Product departments. We’re looking for someone who is a high-end maker, who can both concept and execute beautifully-crafted brand design.
Specifically, this person will:
- Create, execute and manage design and creative work at the highest level.
- Have experience working across digital platforms including, but not limited to email, web, social, and programmatic.
- Have experience working at design/creative agencies or brand-side for companies with strong aesthetics and design principles.
- Be strong conceptually and creatively, as well as a high-end, hands-on designer.
- Be strong and effective at presenting design rationales and design work.
- Have obsessive attention to detail and an eye for craft.
- Live and breathe identity systems design, strategically, creatively and executionally.
- Guard and guide the new Gopuff identity system, but also play a leading role in its continued development and evolution.
- Work on evergreen daily brand work but also execute and lead sub-brand or private label projects, as they arise.
- Be relied upon by the Head of Brand Design to both communicate and monitor brand guidelines across the organization.
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Marketing, CRM, UX and Product teams.
- Have a scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiastically accept challenges.
- Be able to maintain the integrity of design and craft amidst fast turnaround times and high expectations.
- Approach every task, from an in-app message to a landing page for a national campaign, with equal focus, energy and care.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- 4+ years of experience at a design/creative agency or inhouse at design-savvy brands.
- Compelling examples that demonstrate execution and/or direction of brand identity projects.
- Understanding and passion for design strategy and brand design systems.
- Solid grasp of applying foundational UX principles to digital designs
- World-class graphic design chops in typography, composition and overall identity design.
- Understanding and experience with digital, social, email and product.
- Obsessive attention to detail and craft.
- Ability to multitask between projects and work with multiple teams/departments.
- Ability to work fast without compromising quality.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Familiarity/proficiency in Figma, Sketch or After Effects would be a plus.
- Proficiency in Keynote and Slides — must care about making beautiful decks!
The only predictable thing about life is that it’s wildly unpredictable. That’s where we come in.
When life does what it does best, customers turn to Gopuff to deliver their everyday essentials, and to get through their day & night, work day and weekend.
We’re assembling a team of thinkers, dreamers & risk-takers…the kind of people who know the value of peace of mind in an unpredictable world. (And people who love snacks.)
Like what you’re hearing? Welcome to Gopuff.
The Gopuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!