Virtual Senior Controller, CPA
Remote, United States
AccountingDepartment.com is the leader in outsourced virtual accounting services for small and mid-size businesses – and our family is growing! Perhaps your next career adventure awaits!
Accounting Department.com never settles with status quo. We strive to make sure our staff have plenty of opportunities that broaden skill sets and ultimately enhance career satisfaction while working here. If you’re someone who wants to make a difference, is a confident communicator, loves a good challenge, and happily embraces change, then we sound like a perfect match!
It’s been an exciting 10+ years at AccountingDepartment.com! We hope you will join us as we continue this exciting revolutionary journey we are on.
We are looking for a Virtual Senior Controller, CPA who will be responsible for managing the activities of several bookkeepers and providing controllership services to our clients. The Controller should be a self-motivated individual who can provide superior and responsive professional services for clients on a telecommuting basis. This is a key management position that reports directly to the managing partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop policies and procedures as they relate to client service
- Develop the role of the Controller function to our client base
- Ongoing phone consultations with client base
- Enhance reporting and analysis to our client base
- Support and train our bookkeeping staff in performance of their daily responsibilities
- Month-end closing and issuance of financial reports to all clients every month
- Implementation and start-up of new clients
- Special client projects
- Tax preparation and planning for clients
- Experience building a team/department (in growth mode)
- Other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (candidates must satisfy all of the following to be considered:
- Extensive knowledge in accounting and tax for businesses in the under $20M market
- 7-10 years public accounting experience
- 5-7 years supervisory experience
- Ability to multitask and set daily, weekly and monthly priorities
- High degree of computer literacy, including extensive knowledge in Microsoft Office, and specifically Outlook
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
MINIMUM EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIRED :
- Certified Public Accountant – must be current
- Strong experience with QuickBooks and/or other accounting software packages
- Minimum Bachelors Degree preferred
CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION IF THEY DO NOT HAVE AN ACTIVE CPA LICENSE; 5 YEARS MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE; and A MINIMUM OF 2 YEARS PUBLIC ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE.
If these are the things that you are passionate about and excite you, then we should talk!
Working at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC
The people at AccountingDepartment.com, LLC are passionate about their work and are driven by innovation. Each and every day we strive for excellence. Our work environment is equal parts casual and professional. We’re serious about our business and delivering the best service to our clients, but we also make it a priority to keep things fun and exciting.
- Work from home, W-2 position
- Generous vacation and paid holidays
- Group Medical, Dental, Life, Vision, Accident Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Casual dress
How to become part of our future success:
If you believe you have what it takes to assume this new role, you must submit a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect fit for this position. Kindly include your salary requirements in the cover letter. Only candidates that submit these criteria will be considered.