Video Producer at Udacity
On-Call Video Producer
- Location: Remote (within the US)
Udacity’s mission is to train the world’s workforce in the careers of the future. We partner with leading companies to learn how technology is transforming industries, then teach the critical tech skills that individuals need for new and better jobs, and companies are looking for in their workforce. With Nanodegree programs ranging from AI and Azure to Data Science, Robotic Process Automation, and Cybersecurity, our online training platform helps even the busiest learners prepare themselves for the most in-demand tech roles. Udacity’s unique learning model of real-world projects and experts and mentors available 24/7 enables an unprecedented degree of engagement with our students, and we are with them through every step of their learning journey—from the first moment a marketing team member might answer a question on Facebook, to the penultimate moment when a career team member receives word that a graduate has gotten a new job. Always putting Students First guides us as we continue our mission to bring the highest quality learning possible, to as many learners as we can possibly reach.
Role can be remote within the US.
Join one of the most exciting companies in Silicon Valley, a company that is poised to disrupt the way we learn and the way we live our daily lives. Named as one of CNBC’s Top 50 Disruptors, Udacity is becoming the accepted route for how people learn the skills they need to get the jobs they want. Udacity needs new talent to join its content development team. If you love a challenge, can take risks, and truly want to make a difference, read on.
Udacity’s Video Production team is looking for an on-call Video Producer to assist with the creation of Udacity’s course content. The successful candidate(s) will work on projects assigned by the Sr. Manager; will run remote productions; schedule productions; review and critique content from the post-production team; and work with instructors on camera.
The right candidate will have strong pre-production skills and will know how to track media from concept through delivery. They’ll also be highly communicative and have experience working in fully integrated cross-functional teams. Producers that thrive at Udacity have experience juggling several projects at once yet know when to ask for clarification!
The on-call producer’s main responsibilities will include:
- Producing and directing non-actors for remote video production
- Remotely troubleshooting video/audio equipment and computer hardware
- Tracking progress using JIRA and Google Sheets.
- Communicating via email and Slack
- Coordinating pre-production, production and post-production
- Onboarding new on-camera instructors
- Learning to review and suggest improvements for slides and lesson outlines
- Reviewing and giving notes on all content / slides / outlines created for your programs
You’ll be an excellent fit if you have:
- A minimum of 1 years experience as a producer
- Have worked live broadcasts before
- Familiarity with a VMix or switcher boards
- Proficiency with the Adobe Premiere
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Aptitude for solid pre-production and organization
- Demonstrable history of working on multiple projects at once
It’d be great if you also have:
- Experience with online learning
- Experience with Adobe AfterEffects
If you’re interested in applying and meet the requirements above, please submit:
- Resume or cv
- Reel/work samples
- Cover letter outlining why you’re an excellent fit for this role
Consider applying if your experience is close to what we described above. We look for people with exceptional potential, as we know highest performing teams include people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
Udacity is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We believe that the unique contributions of all Udacians is the driver of our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!