Stratus Video Interpreter – ASL (Nationally Certified)
Remote, United States
The Video Interpreter will cover a wide range of shifts to serve our deaf and hard-of-hearing community and the practitioners that serve them in a variety of medical settings via video.
STRATUS VIDEO is a technology-driven company that is changing the way patients and medical professionals connect across all areas of health care. At Stratus, our opportunity to strengthen the connection between technology and human interaction is what inspires us. Stratus built its foundation in the language services industry by innovating various remote interpretation services that include onsite, video and audio interpreters. Led by a team of dedicated individuals with decades of experience in the health care and technology markets, Stratus Video is committed to enabling visual communications and vital conversations.
Video Interpreter Responsibilities:
- Provide effective video remote interpreting service for consumers.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined by Stratus Video
- Exhibit professional behavior at all times including regular attendance, punctuality and preparedness for shifts, respectful and collaborative interaction with colleagues and supervisors, and timely and accurate record keeping.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt quickly to new and changing technologies.
- Complete video and platform training and pass the internal readiness check before taking live calls.
- Participate in ongoing quality assurance and call monitoring programs.
Spoken Language Qualifications:
- Must have at least 2 years of medical interpreting experience.
- Must be RID certified
- Strong aptitude and passion for customer service and interpreting.
- Respect for and understanding of our deaf and hard of hearing community, culture, and beliefs and preferences as they relate to medical care.
- Extensive knowledge of code of ethics and standards of practice
- Familiarity with the medical profession and its privacy laws (HIPAA) as well as other state and federals laws applied to medical interpreting.
- Demonstrate the ability to work as a team even in a video remote interpreting environment.
- Pass the Stratus Medical Generalist 3.0 hour certificate upon completion of training.
Job Type: Part-time
This job description is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Stratus Video is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.