Video Editor at Truebill
- San Francisco, CA, New York, New York, or US, Remote
As a Y Combinator top company, Truebill’s mission is to improve the financial health of millions by transforming the way people manage their expenses and grow their net worth. Through finding and canceling unnecessary subscriptions, lowering bills, and securing refunds, we save our members hundreds a year while helping them regain control over their finances.
We just announced a $45 million Series D round of funding and have over 2 million users and counting. We are now looking to scale our all-star team in both San Francisco and the Washington, DC area. Come join the fun!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Director of Creative Production you will join a team of enthusiastic, creative individuals, charged with making Truebill stand-out amidst a competitive, crowded fintech space. Focussing primarily on direct response digital advertising, you will take everything from rough concepts to clearly defined ideas, and transform them into highly creative and tightly edited packages that entertain, educate, and convert users across multiple digital platforms. Your work will become part of a weekly cadence that uses data to understand performance, iterating on previous work while simultaneously producing and testing new content. Your work will not be limited to simply cutting and arranging pre-existing video clips, but include shooting original footage, composing motion graphic explainers, and sourcing new content to scale creative output. You will be responsible for building on and maintaining Truebill’s quality and aesthetic as well as being encouraged to express your creative voice and push the limits of what drives performance and acquires users.
Specifically, you will:
- Work hand-in-hand with our in-house Content Strategist to build effective, direct-response ads catered to various user personas across multiple social media channels as well as broadcast
- Increase weekly creative output by releasing multiple variations of various concepts in a wide range of sizes
- Participate in the creative ideation process, bringing new ideas to the table while offering a fresh perspective to pre-existing themes and concepts
- Contribute to story-boarding with a keen eye for detail and a clear vision for final results
- Follow creative briefs and planned storyboards to convert raw digital assets into cohesive stories that drive engagement
- Iterate on existing ideas and projects to finely tune creative output for optimal results, pertaining to specific channels and platforms
- Format new and existing assets to properly fit all media platform best practices
- Build streamlined workflows for production and delivery, while maintaining and contributing to asset library structure and organization
- Assist in overall production by tracking projects, interfacing with vendors, identifying efficiencies, and sharing your creative voice
- Juggle multiple projects simultaneously while constantly tracking to target completion date
- You love producing for direct response, and predicting how users comprehend the ad and how your editing decisions can impact that
- You believe that data can inform creativity, not limit it
- Able to envision and edit tens of different visual scenarios using only one set of raw video assets
- Wizard with Premiere Pro and AfterEffects
- Strong design sensibilities and experience with Figma, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to understand project scope and accurately assess time availability
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly and communicate well with others
- Clear understanding of Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Snapchat, and TikTok with ability to tweak one set of raw assets many different ways to best fit each platform’s audience
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 2+ years experience producing professional grade content for User Acquisition or Direct Marketing team
- Highly motivated team player. Collaborates effortlessly with co-workers, while shouldering solo project responsibilities and executing flawlessly
- Storyteller at heart, with ability to craft clear and beautiful narratives that expertly inform as well as entertain
- Thinks beyond their own experience and sensibilities to craft content that resonates with a wide range of viewers consuming media in a multitude of ways
- Self starter who is excited by a challenge. Jumps on new opportunities and is always looking for ways to improve
- Stylistically flexible. Beginner’s mind approach to everything
- A strong desire to contribute to the creation of a diverse body of work that moves the needle within an exciting, fast growing company
- Health, Dental & Vision Plans
- Competitive Pay
- Matching 401k
- Unlimited PTO
- Lunch daily
- Snacks & Coffee
- Commuter benefits
Truebill, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!