Video Editor at Apex Learning
Title: Video Editor – Contract
- Location: United States – Remote
Apex Learning is a digital curriculum company powered by smart people passionate about learning and motivated by results. An industry leader with deep expertise in digital instruction, Apex Learning works closely with school districts across the country to implement proven solutions that increase on-time graduation rates and create opportunities for student success in school and beyond. The company is driven by the understanding that supporting the needs of all students – from struggling to accelerated – strengthens schools and creates stronger communities, brighter futures and a more equitable world.
Diversity and inclusion are at the core of who we are and what we create. At Apex Learning, our mission is to make a difference in education. We start by striving to foster, promote, and celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We are committed to creating a supportive and respectful environment that enables our organization to reach new heights. As a leader in digital education, our aim to improve the learning of every student and overcome obstacles in education is intrinsically linked to upholding these values.
Apex Learning is seeking a contract Video Editor to create engaging and creative content as part of our digital learning experiences. You will have the opportunity to impact our students across the country. We are seeking a self-motivated video expert with a keen eye for detail and a creative mind who will be responsible for editing raw video content, converting images and screenshots to an animated video, and produce a final cut with voice-over and scripting on a contract basis.
As a Video Editor, you will be responsible for producing engaging video content including demo, instructional, and informational videos. These videos may involve working with graphics, animations, music, screenshots, live tool captures, captions, subtitles, localization, Voice Over, etc.
- Collaborate with Senior Video Producer and Curriculum teams to ensure high-quality videos meet the business and customer standards for instructional content and quality.
- Produce a variety of different educational videos (motion graphics, actor-driven greenscreen, and kinetic text).
- Reorder and fine-tune content to ensure logical sequencing and video flow within the stipulated time period.
- Incorporate graphics, transitions, animation, etc., to enhance the final video cut.
- Incorporate stakeholder feedback into production and seek continuous improvement.
- Passionate about keeping up with the latest trends and techniques in video production. Explore advancement in the video field to propose up-to-date design templates and video strategies.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite with focuses on Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Media Encoder.
- Understands different techniques are used to enhance post-production outcomes.
- Scriptwriting and video content development experience for videos.
- Creative mind that will help innovate and develop engaging videos.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take and follow direction independently, while also having a creative eye for improvements.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work on multiple projects at once.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree. Preferably, in Fine Arts/Visual Design/Visual Communication/Graphic Design/Film Making related creative studies and/or Adult Learning field or Equivalent Experience.
- 2+ years of experience in visual/graphic design or creative field creating videos.
- Must submit a portfolio of work.
- Strong background in instructional design and e-learning is a plus.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position, often sitting for prolonged periods.
- Also includes repetitive motions of fingers, hands, and/or wrists due to frequent computer use.
- Able to communicate clearly with others to exchange information.
- Frequently required to assess the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!