Video Curriculum Developer at CodeWizardsHQ
Video Curriculum Developer
Full-Time, Contract, Remote
Join the team at CodeWizardsHQ, the leading online coding school for kids ages 8 to 18. Our online coding classes are designed to give students the programming knowledge, skills, and confidence to thrive in a digital world. Each of our classes are led by a live teacher using our structured curriculum that is designed to keep kids engaged while teaching them real-world coding skills. With thousands of satisfied students, we are the #1 most effective way for children to learn coding.
CodeWizardsHQ is seeking a skilled, motivated, and tech-fluent Curriculum Developer. A successful candidate will have a strong computer science background and the ability to articulate programming concepts to a younger audience. The Curriculum Developer will work in conjunction with our current curriculum team to plan and create video lessons that teach students coding skills and concepts for programming languages including Scratch and Python. This position will also be responsible for writing and developing voice-over scripts used for the videos and coordinating with the post-production team on the execution of the new lessons.
- Develop plans for each lesson within a course
- Develop lesson scripts for video course content
- Ensure lessons meet computer science standards for students
- Utilize best practices to rapidly design, develop, and publish educational videos
- Collaborate with the curriculum team to ensure each lesson meets CodeWizardsHQ’s standards
- Creation of slide decks and lesson plans for instructors
- Collaborate with post-production team to execute each video lesson
- Contribute to continuous improvement of instructional design and process
- Contribute to organizational level projects as needed
- Background in programming and knowledge of languages and tools such as Scratch, Python, etc.
- Experience with storyboard and script development
- Experience with educational lesson plan creation
- Detail-oriented with strong time management skills
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm for creating educational materials for children
How many hours per week is this role?
This is a full-time contract-to-hire position. You will be working 30-40 hours per week. If there is a mutual fit and interest, we can explore part-time or full-time employment.
How much is my compensation?
CodeWizardsHQ strives to find the best and bring them on board and a competitive salary is offered to those who join our team. If you have specific salary requirements, please let us know when applying so that we may take that into consideration.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!