Vice President of Operations at UPbook
VP of Operations
The Vice President of Operations will plan, direct, and coordinate operations among the various organizational departments. This includes formulating policies, managing daily business operations, and planning the use of resources to help accomplish company and departmental goals. A critical part of this role is fostering and ensuring communication of company goals and specific projects occurs between and within departments. This position reports directly to the CEO of Business Growth Elite, and therefore, helps facilitate their vision and plan.
This position directly supervises the Business Manager, Sales & Marketing, Finance, and Human Resources and is responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees. The associate will carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable law. Such responsibilities will include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning and directing work; setting goals; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Provides day to day leadership and partners with supporting departments to monitor KPI’s and ensure achievement of financial goals
- Work closely with the leadership team to minimize bottlenecks and ensure teams are moving quickly in a coordinated direction
- Help establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures in conjunction with department heads and staff members
- Work with department heads to define and measure productivity or goal achievement, and other operational metrics
- Based on these metrics, help identify areas of improvement or opportunity, and work with department heads to develop and implement plans to see this accomplished
- Develop communication channels and procedures for sharing company news; relating specific directives, projects, and deadlines; and providing appropriate feedback
- Meet regularly with department heads and other staff to ensure all are aware of and working towards common goals, and to identify any potential obstacles
- Direct administrative activities in support of specific projects and ongoing operational needs
- Review and approve company expenses and employee expense reports
- Work with Finance to establish budgets and identify potential cost savings
- Work closely with HR regarding interviewing, hiring, and termination of employees; ensure departments complete necessary performance appraisals; address personnel complaints and resolve escalated problems
- Help identify potential career paths for specific positions or individuals and determine necessary skills and steps for continued personal and professional growth within the organization
- Guide, mentor, and develop team members enabling them to meet their full potential while achieving performance goals and company objectives
- Promote the company mission and vision; and continue to foster and expand our incredible culture of individuality, community, and mutual respect for our members and our team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
- 5+ years of related work and direct management experience; preferably in SaaS or technology-related industry
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and proactive problem-solving skills
- Dynamic and personable individual who can quickly develop effective working relationships throughout the organization, inspiring and influencing others to reach their highest potential
- Strong leader who can motivate multiple teams, help provide direction for the growth of the company- all while staying laser-focused on the needs of Business Growth Elite
- Proven track record of managing complex cross-functional teams and leading key operational functions such as customer service and implementation
- Deep understanding of team development, cohesion, and business strategy from a people perspective
- Effective team player who is accustomed to working in a matrix environment with a focus on achieving a common goal with and through people
- Financial Astuteness – Demonstrates a strong understanding of financial management principles to direct organizational actions. Identifies cost-effective approaches, Maintains the overall performance of the organization, and adjusts the allocation of finances based on progress against goals. Cultivates and leads an environment that encourages fiscal responsibility and works towards achieving net revenue targets.
- Business Acumen – Identifies current and future resource needs basing on organizational goals, priorities, competing for resource needs across initiatives, and budget realities. Proactively identifies potential risks and develops, plans, and implements measures to avoid, mitigate or minimize risk. Identifies and reacts to organizational and outside forces that might influence or be affected by decisions. Utilizes and manages people, technology, legal and other resources to achieve outcomes.
- Inspiring Others – Builds partnerships outside the organization to engage the wider community and support the organization’s vision. Articulates a vision for where the industry is going in the future, inspiring and mobilizing others to action. Models a genuine passion for the organization’s vision, mission, and values, cultivates a feeling of energy, excitement, and optimism across the organization. Communicates high expectations for self and others, creating an environment where people consistently push beyond expectation.
- Acting with Empathy and Compassion – Encourages emergent, bottom-up efforts for compassionate actions inside and outside the organization. Defines the organizational strategy for engaging in compassionate efforts in the community. Ensures that policies and procedures support empathy and compassion in the organization, removing systemic barriers.
- Ensuring Accountability – Builds an organizational culture in which taking responsibility for personal activities and the actions of others is valued. Develops an organizational structure that supports accountability.
- Exemplifying Integrity – Promotes good citizenship by finding opportunities to prosper while improving the environment. Takes actions that balance organizational interests with the broader collective good. Maintains ethical principles even in the most challenging circumstances.
- Lead Change – Advocates for a culture of empowerment that encourages change, innovation, and improvement in the community/industry. Monitors improvements for ongoing consolidation and institutionalization of improvements. Monitors the implementation of change initiatives, adjusting ineffective strategies.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!