Vice President, Growth Marketing at WayBetter
Title: VP, Growth Marketing (Remote)
Location: United States
Job Type: Full-Time
Our mission is to motivate people to live way better. Towards that end, we’re assembling the world’s largest online community of people committed to making positive changes.
WayBetter is reinventing motivation itself. We make a whole new category of games that help people stick to their commitments from eating better to exercising more to cooking healthy meals to starting a running habit. Our games–which include DietBet, StepBet, RunBet, and QuitBet–use an innovative mix of manageable goals, social support, and financial incentives to deliver efficacy.
Our approach is based on behavioral science and it works. To date, we’ve hosted 900,000 unique paying players who have collectively lost 13 million pounds and walked or run 100 million miles. And we’ve paid out over $80 million to winners of our games.
In our games and in our work we believe that fun is the secret to sustainable success. As such we care a lot about our culture and practice what we preach by making it enjoyable, social, and rewarding.
WayBetter is the rare company with a double bottom line: we succeed when our customers do. Our team gets inspired by reading about all the lives we’re changing in very real ways. We hope you get inspired too.
About this role:
As VP of Growth Marketing, you will be a key member of the WayBetter leadership team, responsible for continued development and execution of the company’s growth initiatives. You will drive strategy and optimization across all marketing channels, including retention, paid, referral, organic and affiliate. You will lead a talented team of five that includes retention marketers, visual designers, copywriters, and content marketers. You will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Lead, develop and manage a team of five marketers.
- Develop and execute a launch plan for a new WayBetter app.
- Oversee performance efforts across awareness, acquisition and retention marketing campaigns, ensuring efficiency across all channels.
- Craft and optimize user onboarding experiences that are appropriate for each marketing channel, with a particular emphasis on prospect email collection and conversion. Test, design, source, scale and iterate as needed.
- Ensure that all collateral and touchpoints are aligned across the brand.
- Test new user acquisition growth channels.
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers to hit quarterly goals (OKRs).
- Partner closely with Business Intelligence/Analytics and Tech to ensure best-in-class reporting across all touchpoints, from top-of-funnel to post-conversion.
Who You Are:
- Expert B2C marketing knowledge, primarily app and web-based
- Startup or small company experience
- Overseeing performance marketing operations, preferably a blend across retention and paid
- High level of comfort and fluency with marketing funnel analytics
- A leader who is comfortable with ambiguity; willing and able to deliver a comprehensive point of view as related to future user acquisition efforts
- Can effectively manage a team of marketers
- Excellent communicator, both in writing and verbally
- A collaborative style of work, specifically working closely with Product Managers to support their goals
- Progressive career growth, including developing and managing high performing teams
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!