UX Team Lead at 10up
UX Team Lead
Be a part of something great
10up is an award-winning full-service digital agency with a customer-centric service model and unrivalled leadership in open platforms and tools for digital makers and content creators. 10up provides design focused services across research, UX, visual and content design disciplines, alongside a wide range of engineering, online revenue strategy and managed services. Our 250+ distributed team members provide end-to-end digital project expertise.
10up has a diverse client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies, influential content publishers, innovative startups, and impactful nonprofits. We’ve worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, Financial Times, The Nobel Foundation, Politico EU and Intercom.
10up has been leading the remote workforce movement for 10+ years. Our teams are distributed across six continents and 29 countries, with a growing presence and a community of practice around design in the EMEA region. All of our positions are fully remote (and always will be).
The User Experience (XD) Team Lead is responsible for managing the successful delivery of client work, UX and Content Design operations, and personnel in the UX & Content Design team. Their primary responsibilities include: partnering with discipline leadership and the Program Director to implement design initiatives that align with established project delivery standards; driving excellent project outcomes in alignment with established scopes, timelines, and budgets for multiple, concurrent projects; incorporating 10up standards and processes in the delivery of client work; managing personnel assigned to a team; expertly collaborating with discipline directors and the Accounts team to deliver on client expectations; and managing to established production metrics (billable targets, forecasting accuracy, etc.). The UX Team Lead reports directly to the Program Director.
This role is fully remote and is open to applicants located anywhere around the globe.
- Proactively maintain accurate forecasts using established resource forecasting tools for all active client work.
- Collaborate with other discipline and delivery leadership to establish proper resourcing workflows and guidelines for the UX & Content Design disciplines.
- Collaborate with UX leadership to expand and document service offerings.
- Work closely with production teams to continuously assess and improve UX processes and tools.
- Directly manage 7 – 12 production team members within the UX & Content Design disciplines in the delivery of client work and in alignment with established production metrics.
- Conduct regular one on ones (once a week) with direct reports with an emphasis on continuously improving project approaches and outcomes, skill building, as well as an individual’s overall performance.
- Collaborate with the UX Director and broader Experience Design leadership to mentor and advance talent assigned to the team.
- Provide regular verbal and written feedback to direct reports, celebrating successes and clearly defining any misalignments with expectations. Escalate thematic or recurring performance issues to immediate manager and UX leadership for resolution.
- Review / approve PTO requests for all direct reports and ensure project delivery schedules / resourcing are adjusted accordingly.
- Contribute to the compilation and delivery of performance reviews for all direct reports.
- Contribute to Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) for direct reports as necessary.
- Proactively work with resourcing operations to ensure alignment of individuals to projects and collaborate with Project Managers across the team in support of strategic resource planning
- Review timesheets weekly for all direct reports, identifying and reporting on areas of concern such as billability, excessive weekly burn, and / or inaccurate / poor time entries.
- Monitor billable performance for all production personnel and collaborate with direct manager to align individuals with established targets, leveling up individual availability to immediate manager and the Resourcing Coordinator for resolution.
- Serve as a direct contributor on 1 – 6 active client projects.
- Expertly leverage 10up tools, standards, and processes in all client work. Maintain highly collaborative relationships with discipline directors to achieve elite project outcomes.
- Demonstrate consultative value to help clients achieve defined business goals and outcomes.
- Demonstrate client expectation management across active client work, minimizing delivery-centric escalations to the Accounts team.
- Drive client satisfaction and encourage account growth through repeated project delivery successes, strategic differentiation, and proactive partnership with Accounts to identify and confirm additional work opportunities.
- Maintain a predetermined billable utilization, typically 20 hours per week (50%).
- Understanding of 10up’s core services and ability to leverage these disciplines to deliver successful outcomes.
- Familiarity with user experience (UX) and content strategy activities, concepts, and deliverables and how they are used across web projects
- Excellent application of 10up processes, standards, and tools at the team level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally and externally.
- 4+ years experience on web projects for enterprise clients including experience design, ideally in an agency environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead high-performing user experience teams.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Google Apps, Teamwork, 10,000ft, and Harvest.
- Hands-on experience with XD applications, in particular Miro and Figma.
- Familiarity and practical experience with the WordPress CMS platform.
- Experience working with enterprise clients.
- Remote work experience.