UX and UI Boot Camp Curriculum Engineer at 2U
UX/UI Boot Camp Curriculum Engineer (Part Time)
- Location: US-Remote
What We’re Looking For:
2U is looking for an experienced subject matter expert to temporarily join our UX/UI Curriculum team for an exciting development project. This part-time role would be perfect for someone with expertise in UX/UI design, able to prioritize the student experience.
You’ll work remotely with curriculum, instructional designers, and editorial partners to write and iterate curriculum that is highly instructive, engaging, and teachable. The ideal candidate will have domain expertise with UX/UI Design, Interaction Design, Design Thinking, Prototyping, and Usability Testing & Accessibility, as well as the ability to collaborate on highly complex projects and adapt quickly to a fast pace and changing requirements. We’re looking for someone who is in it for more than just the paycheck: someone who is interested in the opportunity to impact instructors and students learning new skills and the opportunity to change lives.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Create or manage the User Experience units of the UX/UI Curriculum, including Design Thinking, User Research, Interviewing, User Testing Methods, Accessibility, Atomic Design, and Responsive Web Design.
- Create and polish project ideas and homework assignments for students to master key concepts and ensure that students can execute UX/UI prototyping.
- Assess and iterate on existing unit content, such as slideshows, lesson plans, and activities.
- Plan, review, and report on sprint progress and accomplishments.
- Conceive of and collaborate on new ideas enhancing student learning.
- Lastly and most importantly, you will be responsible for making sure our program is the very best UX/UI program it can be. We want the person in this role to feel accountable to our students’ success in the same way we hold ourselves accountable to their success in all other areas.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Experience UX/UI design, able to prioritize the student experience.
- UX/UI Domain expertise with:
- UX Design, UI Design, Interaction Design
- Design Thinking
- Human-Centered Design & User Research
- UX/UI Prototyping
- Atomic Design & Responsive Web Design concepts
- Usability testing, accessibility
- Curriculum & Learning expertise with:
- Curriculum development and/or Learning Experience Design background
- Instructional design background and familiarity with backwards design & Bloom’s taxonomy
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Lecture design and slideshow experience
- Project Expertise with:
- Familiarity with Agile design methodologies
- Experience with scrum
- Familiar with working on a continually iterative product
- Experience with agile documentation and aligning to a 2 week sprint cycle.
- Someone with a creative itch! This program will require a great deal of ingenuity and setup to create at scale. We want someone who is excited by the idea of teaching students how to become UX/UI Designers using real-world scenarios to create quality case studies and portfolios using code.
- Someone who is a lot of fun! We want the learning experience to be exciting, engaging, and a little funny. We need fun people to make this a reality!
- Someone who can be a part of a team. Collaboration is a huge piece of working with your team through agile sprints.
Feedback is essential to a quality product. We want someone with the right mindset, an infectious enthusiasm for continual improvement, and a desire to stay abreast of industry trends.
- In this capacity, you’ll be responsible for keeping a living curriculum up-to-date for students and teachers across the country. This means meeting deadlines, revising content when necessary to create the best curriculum materials possible for our students.
Above all else …Someone who is looking for more than just a paycheck. We can’t stress this enough. Deep within all of us at Trilogy is the belief that our programs change lives. Each month we hear from countless students attesting to how our program brought them new skills, landed them new jobs, and a renewed sense of confidence. This impact is what our work is really about to us.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Design Concept Skills:
- Design Thinking & Human-centered design
- User Research
- User Interviews
- Rapid prototyping
- Interaction design
- Usability Testing
- Design Feedback and critique strategies
- Adomic Design
- Responsive Web Design
- Tool Skills:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe XD), Figma, Adobe XD, InVision, and more
- Miro, Google docs (Google slides + docs), and office
- Slack, Jira, Zoom
- Git/GitHub/GitHub Desktop, VScode (markdown)
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
At 2U, we power world-class online education and in-person boot camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities transform in the digital era and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help universities fill those needs developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our university partners are there to help them succeed.Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 150,000 students and lifelong learners. 2U, Inc. has acquired and integrated two companies broadening our portfolio of education offerings into short courses with GetSmarter and boot camps with Trilogy. This role supports our Trilogy line of business.
Trilogy Education, a brand of 2U Inc., partners with the best universities in the world to create and manage skills-based instructional programs (boot camps) to provide training for today’s workers with tomorrow’s skills.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!