- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Mid Level
POSITION OVERVIEW AND RESPONSIBILITIES
TED is a critically acclaimed, award-winning conference and website featuring inspired talks from the world’s leading thinkers and doers. Since 2006, TED Talks have been watched more than four billion times worldwide and drawn best-in-class sponsors and partnerships. We pride ourselves on combining intelligent, forward-thinking content with leading-edge technology and intuitive design. And we’re hiring!
We’re looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, and deeply collaborative User Interface Designer capable of developing high-fidelity, visually appealing prototypes for Web and mobile applications. The UI Designer will work on the entire range of TED initiatives (e.g., TEDx, TED-Ed, TED Fellows, etc.), as well as TED.com and our mobile applications. The UI Designer will also work on internal applications that support our organization.
The ideal candidate will be a creative thinker with strong graphic and visual design skills. Someone who can take UX flows and wireframes to the next level, while adhering to UI design heuristics and best practices. In other words, someone capable of designing interfaces that are usable as they are beautiful.
Our team is passionate about TED’s content and the prospect of creating a stronger platform to enable the exchange of ideas worldwide. We’re endlessly curious. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. And we love to work alongside nice people.
This is a full-time position in NYC, with the possibility of working remotely for the right candidate.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Minimum 3-5 years professional UI design experience
- Graphic design education and experience preferred
- A portfolio that demonstrates beautiful, creative, imaginative designs, as well as a keen sensitivity to typography, composition, and flow
- Deep understanding of UI design principles and best practices across platforms (Web and mobile)
- Ability to design for a variety of different organizational needs, from promotion to transaction to enterprise
- Experience with design systems a must (bonus points for experience developing systems and pattern libraries)
- Ability to think through all use cases, not just the happy path
- Strong language skills (verbal and written)
- Extreme proficiency in Sketch, Invision, and similar design and prototyping tools
- A collaborative spirit capable of taking feedback from colleagues and users alike
- Experience working in a tech-centric culture a plus
TED Conferences LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite all qualified candidates to apply online with their resume.