User Experience – Product Designer at 1871
User Experience / Product Designer – LifeWeb 360
- Full time
- FULL TIME
About LifeWeb 360
LifeWeb 360’s purpose is to awaken our empathetic world.
We help people through one of the hardest times of their life – when a loved one is at the end of their life or has died. LifeWeb is a digital space where communities can share memories of a loved one and celebrate their life. Friends and family can share stories, photos, and videos that are organized to create context and meaning, and don’t remind you that your person died, they remind you how they lived.
Each of us touches so many people during our life; LifeWeb harnesses the outpouring of love that happens when someone passes to capture their essence in an authentic way, honor them, and give comfort to their family that they were seen in this world. See an example LifeWeb here.
We are a remote-first, women-led company and have been growing as communities are unable to come together physically to mourn a loved one. We’ve been getting press for the work we’re doing, including in Chicago Inno, the New York Times, USA Today, HuffPost, SF Chronicle, and US News & World Report, and recently received a $50k investment from Google for Startups to round out our friends and family round. And, we were just featured on Chicago Inno’s list of 21 startups to watch in 2021.
LifeWeb 360 is looking for a talented user experience designer to partner closely with our outstanding engineering and product leads.
You will have the opportunity to work on the most important, highly visited, and impactful visitor surfaces such as homepage, LifeWeb creation, inviting co-creators, and sharing memories.
We are focused on improving both our initial Creators and our community of Contributors’ UX through usability and functionality improvements, reducing customer success contact rate, and improving conversion. You will be at the center of creating not just functional but also delightful experiences that have a measurable impact on our Community’s experience.
As a member of the team, you’ll work across surfaces. You’ll have the chance both to dive deeply into detailed work in specific product areas and to get experience with multiple areas across multiple experiences.
Join us in our mission to awaken our empathetic world!
What you’ll do:
- Contribute directly to executing on design projects across surfaces such as homepage, search, creation and sharing, purchase, and messaging
- Work on all parts of the product design cycle including feature ideation, mockups, prototypes, and creating detailed product specs
- Produce designs that are laser-focused on solving and innovating around the problems of our initial Creators (“Admins”), and their Contributors, and which consider not just the ideal user flow but the realistic experiences for all use cases
- Collaborate with others in engineering to find appropriate frameworks and systems solutions that scale across all surfaces
- Work effectively and iteratively with partners in engineering and product to ideate and execute on the work
- 3+ years of experience with end-to-end Product design
- Demonstrated context-specific design approach and insights-based design process
- Experienced at using metrics and data to help define success and evidence of it in your portfolio
- Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills
- Cross-platform design experiences (web, emails) and confidence in using CSS/HTML skill to quickly iterate alongside engineering
- Experience launching software in a fast-paced product organization
- Hands-on creative and systems thinker with strong UX / UI / IA design expertise
- Experience in data and research-driven design organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to influence with storytelling
- Hustle. You thrive in an evolving, fast-paced, ambiguous work environment.
What we Offer
- The opportunity to immediately improve a fundamental human experience of losing a loved one and supporting a friend in grief
- A diverse, high-functioning, and growing team that is driven by a mission to redefine what empathetic technology can mean
- As much ownership over your work as you can handle with lots of room for growth
- Competitive compensation (salary + stock options) and benefits relative to other early-stage startups, including health benefits >> can also discuss kicking things off as a part-time employee or contractor and moving to full-time at a later date based on your preferences and needs
- Work from wherever you’d like and know the rest of the team is too – we are a remote-first company; preference for 4+ working hours overlap with central time
Ali & Rachele co-founded the company a year and a half ago out of business school at Kellogg. Ali is a former management consultant and Googler, and Rachele is a former architect (of real buildings!). Our head of product, Tanya, brings 13 years of product expertise across technology companies of all sizes, including her own startup.
We have a fantastic team as well as world class advisors who love getting in the weeds with us to help us level up individually and as a company. From jobs-to-be-done to narrative storytelling, our advisors are literally the experts in the field.
We’re a small but scrappy team having a big impact in people’s lives, and having a lot of fun in the process. You’ll report directly to the founders and learn a LOT about running and growing a startup. Join us! Learn more about our team here.
Love what we do but this role isn’t a fit?
That’s OK! Fill out this short form here, tell us more about you and how you’d like to get involved with LifeWeb. We’ll reach out if we have an open role in the future that might be a fit!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We succeed because of our differences. We are a diverse team – small but mighty, weird and quirky, laughter-loving, and we can’t wait to meet you!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!