Triage Nurse – Call Center at Oak Street Health
Remote Triage Nurse – Call Center
Company: Oak Street Health
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing company of primary care centers for adults on Medicare in medically-underserved communities where there is little to no quality healthcare. Oak Street’s care is based on an entirely new model that is based on value for its patients, not on volume of services. The company is accountable for its patients’ health, spending more than twice as long with its patients and taking on the risks and costs of their care. For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
At Oak Street Health, Nurses are an integral member of our Care Teams. The Clinical Call Center Triage RN effectively extends our care team outside of regular clinic hours, addressing patient’s medical, social, and psychological needs, via the phone and other future technologies such as telemedicine.
Together our teams are responsible for providing and coordinating care for an intimate panel of patients in our neighborhoods. While the typical primary care panel in the U.S. is around 2,500 patients for a single physician, our panels at Oak Street Health are around 500-750 for a team. This creates an opportunity to spend more time with patients, build deeper relationships, and to better execute/coordinate care plans.
We partner with a network of elite specialists and hospitals for specialty and acute care. As such, our Nurses, with our doctors, focus exclusively on care within the clinic: primary care, care coordination, and population health.
- Determine what kind of care and services the patient needs, direct them to the correct specialist, clinic, hospital, or other acute care setting, while providing clinical input up to the level of the role’s competency.
- Be on call with a licensed provider at all times, should consult that provider for input, and refer the patient to that provider in real time whenever appropriate
- Offer patient education when appropriate
- Coordinate care with other providers, specialists, testing facilities, agencies
- Population health approach, in coordination with the Care Team
- Participate in phone triage and outreach
- Participate in Oak Street Health promotional activities
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for motivated, nurses with:
- Excellent skills and care in giving advice, ensuring that they respond with the appropriate standard of care for a specific case and a warm, friendly approach
- Ability to accurately and succinctly document advice given and the patient’s response
- Active, non-probationary state Registered Nurse license
- Genuine passion for primary care
- Intrinsically motivated
- Embrace teamwork and the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues
- Want to be a part of an innovative model focused on empirically-guided population health
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
- Comfort with an evolving environment
- Some travel may be required
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more