Treasury Manager at Xapo Bank
Title: Treasury Manager (Remote – Work from Anywhere)
Location: Gibraltar – Remote
Work from anywhere, impact everywhere
We’re a fully distributed team of over 150 talented people that work remotely from 40+ countries around the world. We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to learn and grow. We are committed to changing the way things are done. To achieve that, we search the world for the best people for the job. This is how we are transforming the world of digital banking.
Our team is worldwide, our capacity for innovation, limitless.
Risk is inherent in all of our business activities and managing risk well is the responsibility of every Xapien. Sound risk management enables us to serve our customers and deliver value for our shareholders, and helps make Xapo a great place to work.
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position Work from anywhere!
Xapo’s Finance function manages the group’s Balance Sheet, maintaining a balanced structure within an established risk framework. The Liquidity Management Desk manages and invests the liquidity resources of the Group and initiates all relevant treasury operations across payment networks, FX and derivative markets. All activities of the Liquidity Management Desk must be performed within an established treasury risk framework to monitor and optimize capital, credit, liquidity and market risk exposures.
As Treasury Manager you will be responsible to support the global cash and FX management of Xapo. This will primarily include actively monitoring treasury positions and payment flows, ensuring that there is sufficient liquidity to facilitate settlement obligations, whilst minimizing intraday liquidity usage. The Treasury Manager will be working closely with other teams, such as the Dealing and Trading Desk and the Treasury Risk team to ensure all cash resources of the Group are efficiently utilized and remain within established policies and limits. The Treasury Manager will ensure all nostro positions at other financial institutions are funded whilst surplus liquidity is deployed to yield the highest possible return. The job requires a professional, with competent treasury knowledge (cash management, liquidity and FX), excellent communication and organizational skills to manage the global cash management for the Group across various time-zones. The candidate will also support other treasury areas with emphasis on the design, development and implementation of treasury management systems and controls within scope.
- In-depth and broad involvement in all treasury areas focusing on cash and liquidity management, cash flow forecasting, and FX management
- perform end-to-end process of transactions concluded for treasury cash management and FX dealing
- Perform currency cash forecasting with cash ladders and execute FX hedging strategies
- Front line interaction with a network of key FI partners and FX brokers
- Review and improve efficiency of the Group’s global cash management to allow for prompt management of surplus funds. Finetune treasury-related control mechanisms to ensure full compliance with internal policy and applicable government regulations (EU, UK, Gibraltar).
- Manage flow across all agent bank, payment processors, and card programs
- Day to day management (and formalization) of all cash forecasting cycles including variance analysis
- Collaboration with other areas of Finance and the wider business around the cash impact (forecasting and monitoring) of trading results and business initiatives
- Develop metrics to ensure monitoring of Xapo’s risk appetite and reporting against limits to senior management
- Identify and support change to systems, processes and working practices in order to achieve continuous operational improvements.
- Support various ad-hoc initiatives across the group involving the Treasury/Cash Management area (e.g. Cash Management System upgrades)
- Previous experience working in a bank treasury / cash management function
- Detailed understanding of cash management tools with hands on experience in managing cash positions in a previous role.
- Domain expertise in cash payments infrastructure in Europe: UK (Bacs, Chaps, FP), EU (SEPA) and SWIFT, combined with liquidity management and reserve requirements at central banks (BoE, ECB)
- Familiarity with relevant banking regulations (e.g. Basel III / CRD4, LCR, NSFR)
- Consistent track record of translating analytics into improved funding and liquidity forecasting which results in: i) Reduced cost ii) Transparency over balances and exposures (including intraday) iii) ability to optimize the cash management desk
- Able to apply commercial judgment to ensure risks and opportunities are identified and understood
- Strong work ethic, ownership mentality, ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and execute in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Keen problem-solving skills, with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- The aptitude and desire to learn and develop at pace, attaining necessary qualifications and skill sets.
- Excellent partner and communication skills to liaise with other colleagues and teams
- Can support and challenge colleagues from different functions in a constructive and effective manner
- Educated to degree standard with a relevant professional qualification
- Flexible working hours / able to adapt swiftly
- Strong sense of urgency and enthusiastic in achievement of high-quality standards
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values.
Why work for Xapo?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Great work-life balance: Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team. Learn how you learn best – from books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.