Travel Fulfillment Coordinator at Context Travel
- Full Time
- Entry Level
Context is a mission-driven organization at the intersection of travel and education. For 18 years, Context exclusively ran scholar-led tours in over 60 destinations around the globe, led by MA- and Ph.D.-level experts that could go beneath the surface, diving deep into art, history, and culture. In March 2020, in response to the pandemic, we pivoted with resounding success; we empowered our network of scholars to bring their curated content online to customers in lockdown around the globe. Thus was born Context Learning, our digital product line.
Led by an all-star leadership team with venture-capital backing, Context is now rebuilding its traditional on-the-ground tours business while simultaneously scaling its virtual learning business. We believe we are positioned to offer a product that is unlike any other in the market real-life experiences complemented by online education, blended into one comprehensive learning experience.
Outline of Position
The Fulfillment Coordinator for Context focuses on fulfilling a high quality tour product for our clients. As a Fulfillment Coordinator, your primary focus is to fulfill the tour bookings received; from purchasing appropriate and necessary venue tickets, to organizing private transfers, and assigning the best fitting Context expert to every tour booking. In this role, you will work directly with the Fulfillment Associate, as well as the Client Experience team and the Content team to ensure that any product or venue updates are communicated internally to support our Client Services team. As this role requires direct interaction and shared task responsibility with other Context teams and as a direct representative of Context to other outside vendors, the role requires a level of professional service skills, communication skills, and the ability to work well with a variety of individuals.
General Job Outline and Responsibilities
- Monitoring open orders to stay on top of order processing
- Reviewing orders received via website or from the CX team to ensure tour is feasible and client/advisor notes can be accommodated
- Purchasing the necessary venue tickets when applicable
- Ordering the necessary transfer services when applicable
- Making the necessary reservations when applicable
- Updating order with tickets, transfer service confirmations, etc.
- Assigning appropriate Context expert to each tour(s)
- Reviewing finalized itinerary to ensure the order is completed and correct
- Process client payments via the platform when necessary
- Sending through client documentation for orders
- Process monthly vendor invoices
Client Experience Support:
- Updating orders with necessary notes and service tasks to the CX team for client follow up to ensure orders are processed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Alerting the CX team of urgent client follow up needs to ensure orders are processed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Updating workflows regarding tours when necessary as related to major fulfillment needs (i.e. venue opening hours, ticket availability, and guide availability).
- Available to the CX team as a source of information regarding the tour fulfillment process.
- Alerts the Content team of guide recruitment needs and venue availability challenges
Day-to-day, you’ll need to be able to:
- Work in a fast-paced environment and contribute creatively to our growing team
- Work on projects and initiatives involving colleagues across time zones, functions, and levels
- Understand our end-to-end process and its impact on the customer experience, expert experience, and internal process scalability
- Care about what motivates PEOPLE: we are a people-centric business connecting customers with our amazing experts across the globe
- A passion for traveling and learning about world culture, history, and art
- Work experience in the cultural sector or travel industry preferred
- Digital native or strong digital proficiency – preference for applicants with experience in ZenDesk, Slack, and Google for Business suite (Google Sheets, Docs, Forms, Drive, Gmail)
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, international, tech-reliant environment, independently and as part of a distributed team
Full Time, 9:00 – 5:00 ET; with option for Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday – Saturday.
Competitive salary with benefits including health and dental insurance, 401(k) with competitive matching, unlimited vacation time / PTO. Remote position (east coast preferred but not required). Join a worldwide, collaborative team and work for a growing company in the travel and learning industry.
Context Travel is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.