Transcriptionist at Allegis Transcription
Location: United States
Allegis Transcription is currently hiring talented individuals interested in solidifying a career as an independent contractor transcriptionist. This role does not require exact prior experience, but rather the aptitude to translate recorded audio files into written documents using the following established skills:
- Comprehensive listening
- Attention to detail
- Excellent keyboard command
Independent contractor positions require self-provided work space, computing hardware and software, transcription foot pedal and headset, and self-scheduling. Successful candidates will satisfy requirements within an initial quality development phase to ensure that contract work standards can be independently met.
- Availability to self-study and practice quality requirements 2-3 hours a day for 2-3 weeks
- Ability to satisfy 24-hour turn-around times for quality assessments
- Availability for 1-3 phone/video meetings with a coach between 7:30 am 3:30 pm PST
- Provide responsive and proactive communication
- Ability to follow instructions and meet deadlines
- Respond well to feedback and coaching
- Minimum 75 WPM typing speed
- Excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation skills
- Technically savvy and able to easily self-manage computer hardware and software
- Ability to meet weekly production requirements (100+ pages)
- PC with Windows 8.1 or higher (not compatible with Mac)
- Full version of Microsoft Word 2013 or higher
- Compatible USB foot pedal and headset
- High-speed internet connectivity
All work must be conducted by transcriptionists based within the United States.
This is an Independent Contractor position and as such is ineligible to participate in any Allegis employee compensation or benefit programs. Work will be on an as needed/as available basis, all equipment used will be that of the Independent Contractor’s, and the work location will be virtual and at the discretion of the Independent Contractor.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!