Dept. of Veterans Affairs Test Engineer (Remote)
# of Openings:4
LTS is looking for a Test Engineer to support a project with the Department of Veteran Affairs.
LTS is an acknowledged and award winning multi-ISO/CMMI Level 3 appraised business focused on delivering first-class solutions to solve our clients’ business and technical challenges in providing quality healthcare and security to our nation.
LTS provides trusted consulting, and solutions in an increasingly complex and growing world. Our deep expertise in technology and analytics helps us serve a broad constituency of clients that range from cabinet-level departments of the U.S. Government to the largest Federal IT contractors in the world.
LTS is a leading information technology (IT) provider for mission critical systems leveraging the latest technologies to deliver cutting edge solutions from small mobile applications to large, complex enterprise applications. Our professionals specialize in multiple disciplines including program management, system integration, system design, system development, cybersecurity, infrastructure and data analytics.
LTS is committed to offering eligible employees comprehensive benefits that will provide them with options intended to meet their needs and the needs of their family.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
As a member of the Agile team, the successful candidate will plan, manage, and execute tasks related to the creation of test cases, test scripts, and test data. The Test Engineer will use experience in manual and/or automation testing to assist in the Quality Management process by extracting meaningful test metrics for Requirements, Test Execution, and Defect Analysis. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Must have experience working with developers, end users and organizations to create test plans and test scripts.
- Coordinate with test sites and other team participants to plan test events. experience in creating reports.
- Tracks problems and reports on errors that are identified.
- Must have experience with configuring necessary hardware and operating environments as needed to complete assigned testing.
- Must have comprehensive technical expertise on IT products, operating systems, software, hardware, systems and networks and specialized environments.
- Must have experience in writing or assisting in the development of test plans and test procedures. Must manage the defect database under the guidance of senior QA engineers.
- Work closely with the Business Analyst, Project manager, and stakeholders to understand product specifics and to create corresponding test strategies
- Evaluate existing test artifacts and design test cases/scripts for new releases with little minimal supervision
- Execute testing on both frontend and backend systems
- Assist in creating project resource estimates and defining metrics to track completion phase, defect reports, defect prevention, and test coverage
- Able to work in fast-paced Agile development environment
- Coordinate program-wide Section 508 compliance of products to include planning, execution and evaluation using technology validation tools
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline plus 5 years of experience. 13 years of experience may be substituted for education.
- At least 5 years of experience full end-to-end testing
- Experience with testing the following: C#, .NET.
- At least 3 years of experience with defect tracking tool (JIRA, Rational CM, Quality Center) and processes for defect lifecycle
- At least 3 years of experience with Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD), Automated Testing (GUI and backend)
- Ability to write end-to-end automation testing in a C# WPF environment
- Ability to assist with test planning, estimates, test coverage for product releases
- Ability to write test cases/scripts to confirm requirements and defect fixes
- Ability to identify defects and create comprehensive defect reports that clearly portray the issue
- Ability to assist with evaluation and reporting of test cycles
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to take initiative on assigned projects/tasks and work with minimal supervision
- Selected candidate must be able to successfully pass a thorough Government background screening process requiring the completion of detailed forms and fingerprinting.
- Experience with Veteran Focused Integration PM Methodology (VIP)
- Experience with VA and VistA domains a plus
Security Clearance Requirements
- ACTIVE Department of Veterans Affairs Public Trust clearance