Test Engineer at Home Point Financial
Virtual Req #936
Buying a home is the cornerstone of the American dream, yet the process can be complicated and confusing. That’s why Homepoint is on a mission to create financially healthy, happy homeowners.
Homepoint Is a rising star in the mortgage industry with a culture that encourages community, caring, and open communication. We want our Associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes – no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special is our people-first operating philosophy, “We Care”.
Homepoint is the third-largest wholesale lender and the 12th largest correspondent lender in the U.S. We are headquartered in Ann Arbor, MI and offer remote work throughout the nation with over 2,500 Associates and 300,000 serviced customers.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to grow and develop your career, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
The Test Engineer is a key contributor in the planning and execution of software test projects by developing, maintaining, and executing functional test automation scripts. The Test Engineer will collaborate with other QA functions during the entire development cycle to provide high quality testing methodologies and solutions.
- Develop and maintain functional automation test framework and scripts for UX and Rest API interfaces
- Isolate, verify, and report software defects
- Report status on test execution, application stability, and release readiness to SCRUM team
- Perform all other duties as requested or assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Minimum 8 years of software test automation experience.
- Proficient in building automation solutions for web and desktop applications.
- Advanced experience with Micro Focus UFT, Selenium web driver, Cucumber/Robot framework
- Proficient with building restful API automation solutions using Postman/Rest sharp/Rest assured.
- Proficient coding in most of the following languages: C# (.Net), VB script and Java.
- Expert in building test automation suits using Nunit/TestNg/Junit framework.
- Good understanding of Xpath, Csspath, HTML, XML, Json structures.
- Hands on experience of automating responsive web applications.
- Hands on experience implementing test automation solutions that can run on multiple threads using sauce labs/browser stack/Containers/Kubernetes.
- Good understanding with test automation data setup using automated processes connecting to various data bases or web services.
- Good understanding in building automated test solutions involving 3rd party integrations.
- Hands on experience working with Scrum teams to understand functional requirements to identify areas and scope of test automation.
- Advanced experience with CI/CD project’s involving Jenkins/team city/MS DevOps tools.
- Intermediate level SQL language expertise
- Basic knowledge of Mobile application testing
- Mortgage industry and/or Financial Services experience is a plus
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask and effectively manage time
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external development partners
- Desire to take personal responsibility to complete tasks and solve problems
- Ability to perform tasks and complete projects with minimal supervision
We offer a competitive salary and bonus opportunity, together with an innovative and progressive approach to benefits. It is our goal to provide our associates an exciting, dynamic, desirable place to work. Our ambitious business plan and its success hinges on the ability to find great people and provide an environment that fully engages, retains and leverages the potential of top talent. As such, Homepoint provides development opportunities to all our associates, with a curriculum geared towards providing an informed view of multiple career paths. We have an owner-operator approach and when Homepoint succeeds, so do our associates.
Homepoint is a national multi-channel mortgage originator and servicer. The company brings an innovative approach to lending, focusing on speed, quality and consistency for customers and partners. Uniquely, Homepoint retains over 95% of originated loans for in-house servicing, a cornerstone to its Customer for Life approach. The company was founded in 2015 and headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan. For more Information visit homepoint.com
Homepoint is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!