Telephonic Injury Triage Registered Nurse (Work from home)
Position Code: 19-TRI-009
Position Type: Full Time Hourly
Location: Nationwide – US
Job Category: Triage Call Center
We are looking for full-time RNs for our innovative Injury Triage service line! This RN position is like no other that you’ve ever worked.
Here are a few reasons why:
- This is a home based position! You get to help clients from the comfort of your home!
- Leave behind the physically demanding part of your job – it’s telephonic triage, which also means there is no exposure to high-risk infectious diseases.
- Handle only one caller at a time instead of dealing with an entire caseload. You keep 100% focus on the person you’re talking to, and only that person.
- Finally, you’ll receive ongoing training in a unique virtual atmosphere. Things change; new advancements are constantly being made, and here at Medcor, you’ll be at the cutting edge in the growing technological area of nursing.
If you’re interested in continuing your nursing career in a new and innovative way, Medcor could be the solution! We are now hiring for our May 2019 training classes.
By joining our nursing team, you will be helping thousands of employers better manage their workplace injuries and improve the quality of healthcare for their employees. Nurses who are successful in this position must be able to talk on the phone while typing and navigating through various software applications at the same time. Our nurses must have the ability to visualize an injury while on the phone, and ask questions as appropriate to get clarification about the injury, while following our propriety algorithms to guide the triage of the injured worker. Think you have what it takes, or are just curious to learn more? Read on!
- Must possess a valid Registered Nurse license in at least one U.S. state at time of hire.
- Valid BLS (CPR) card required within 21 days of employment. BLS training will be provided upon hire – free of charge – if needed.
- Ability to enter data into software programs, understand and navigate MS Windows at no less than an intermediate level of proficiency.
- Must have access to high speed cable internet and Email programs.
- Experience with MS office including Excel preferred, with a typing speed of 40 wpm.
- Must have effective written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret triage tools and information along with care instructions to injured employees and their managers.
- While performing the duties of this job, you are regularly required to talk and/or hear. You are required to sit and use hands. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for computer and written work with the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work every other weekend is required.
- Our advocates rotate working major U.S. holidays on a two-year basis, as determined by our Workforce Management Team.
- Ability to work on a computer for long periods of time.
The training will be completed from the comfort of your own home and will last 90 days. The first three weeks of training will be Monday – Friday, from 8:00am – 4:00pm CT. After the first three weeks, your schedule may vary. Current available shifts are anywhere between 8am and 8pm CT. The training schedule is not negotiable and all training must be successfully completed within the 90-day time frame.
All available permanent shifts are determined by our workforce management team at the time of a job offer and all schedules are in CT (Central Time zone).
- Work from home!
- Tuition/Continued Education reimbursement available
- Immediate health and dental coverage, 401k with company match, VSP vision plan
- Life, accident and disability insurance plans
- On the job professional training and Career growth
- Medcor prides itself on being a healthy workplace with a healthy workforce. The Better Me Wellness program is a significant benefit for full-time Medcor advocates, encouraging and supporting healthy living. The program promotes movement, nutrition and balance through workplace programs, reimbursement for healthy activities and significant insurance premium discounts.
Job Type: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Salary: $26 per hour with additional shift differential pay available for late evenings, nights & weekends
Medcor embraces a set of simple, interconnected practices that everyone can tailor to their own life and work. To preserve our pioneering, entrepreneurial spirit, we impart our values through the ongoing Better@Medcor campaign: encouraging our advocates to make a conscious choice to practice our values, to celebrate and recognize each other via our peer recognition program, and to support one another during tough times.