Technical Writer at Sitetracker
- REMOTE /
- TECHNOLOGY – ENGINEERING /
As a Technical Writer, you will join our Engineering Team and serve as a major proponent for developing content that helps our stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, be able to implement, administer, and customize our cloud-based project management solution, which is built on the Force.com platform.
You will work side-by-side with our Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Solution Delivery, and Education teams to ensure that every new feature is supported by clear instructional content and every stakeholder has the documentation they need to successfully support the growth and adoption of Sitetracker in their organization.
You will lead efforts to mature our current technical documentation, and bring new ideas that will allow us to scale our documentation offerings. This will lead to delivering substantial types of content which include our Administration and Implementation Guide, Process Diagrams, Developer Guides, API Documentation, User Guides, Security Documentation, In-App Help, and more.
Our documentation serves as an initial touch point for prospective customers looking to ensure that our product is mature, supported, and intuitive. It also ensures that our customers and partners are armed with the content they need to implement, self-administer, and extend Sitetracker in order to realize their business outcomes without relying on our professional services and implementation teams. At Sitetracker, we consider quality documentation a key component to our ability to scale and grow our developer, admin, and partner ecosystem.
The Skill Set
- Create different types of content for a diverse set of users including administrators, developers, implementation partners, and end-users
- Interview subject matter experts with a keen ability to translate learnings into clear and concise content
- Discuss technical details and architecture with engineers and product managers
- Review and validate content with Engineering and Product team members with a strong ability to take feedback and iterate quickly to reach a quality piece of content
- Develop a cohesive voice and style for the documentation you create and support that makes it engaging and easy to understand for consumers
- Review other’s content and providing feedback or making improvements
- Create process diagrams and illustrations
- Lead and deliver on large scale content projects that will either be overhauls to existing content or completely new to Sitetracker
- Utilize experience with cloud computing software
- Think like a developer or product manager with a knack for coming up with creative ways to translate complex ideas
- Understand code (preferred)
- Understand and create architectural and entity-relationship diagrams
- Define and drive adoption of a standardized content creation processes and workflow that ensures new features have supporting content on Day 1 of their launch
- Thrive in a fast-paced agile environment
- Work with minimal supervision and be seen as a respected driver of change who has the know-how to improve our documentation
- Apply excellent writing and proof-reading skills (any additional languages is a strong plus)
- Review warning messages, labels, help text ,etc. in our software product and provide friendlier messages for our users
- Utilize experience with translation and/or localization (preferred)
- Apply knowledge of Salesforce (preferred)
- Enjoy learning and helping others learn
Within 60 Days, You’ll
- Take part in our Sitetracker Certification Program, and become “Sitetracker Certified”
- Become Salesforce 201 Admin certified
- Become an expert in our Sitetracker product by participating in training, reviewing our help content, and spending time exploring the various modules within Sitetracker
- Begin shadowing a customer implementation so that you build empathy and understanding of our customers, and identify where documentation can provide support for onboarding a new customer
- Establish relationships with Engineering, Product, QA, Marketing, Solution Delivery, and EDU team members that will help you in identifying gaps in our existing content and improvements in our content creation workflow
- Review our existing Sitetracker Administration and Implementation Guides and suggest areas for improvement
- Deliver new documentation that supports the rollout of new features
Within 180 Days, You’ll
- Define and stand up a documentation request process adhered to by Engineering and Product Management that ensures all new features have supporting documentation at launch
- Complete a rewrite of our existing Sitetracker Administration guide that encompasses your suggested improvements, voice, and style
- Begin determining the right tools to rollout a public facing content management system for technical documentation
- Continue to deliver new documentation that supports the launch of new features
Within 365 Days, You’ll
- Complete a rewrite of our existing Sitetracker Implementation guide that encompasses your suggested improvements, voice, and style
- Successfully rollout a public facing content management system for technical documentation
- Effectively monitor adoption of technical documentation and make improvements to content
- Begin the creation and rollout of totally new content for Sitetracker, including Integration, API, and Developer Documentation guides
- Identify additional resources needed to grow the documentation practice and scale your successful efforts further from this exciting year.
Sitetracker was founded seven years ago with the singular focus of solving a problem that was first recognized within the telecommunications industry; how to effectively manage the volume, variety, and velocity of critical infrastructure projects needed to meet the demand of expanding wireless and cellular service. That problem has become even more pronounced due to the eventual explosion of 5G. Being able to effectively deploy infrastructure is going to be the differentiator between leading telecommunication providers.
However, over the years, we realized that this challenge isn’t localized to telecommunications – it’s pervasive nearly everywhere and has reached an inflection point. Utilities (such as gas and electric services), smart cities, and alternative energy all face similar challenges. Sitetracker is the only full-lifecycle project management platform suited to support these companies and address these challenges.
We are exceptionally proud of the company we’ve built (we were recently recognized as the #2 place to work in San Francisco, as well as one of the top places to work in the entire United States). Our people are extraordinary and we’re continuing to invest in our people-first culture.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!