EDITORIAL – MIC
Mic is seeking creative, part-time Technical Writers to work remotely. Writers should be able to contribute 3-4 days per week during business hours EST.
Coverage will include pitching and writing news briefs, reported pieces, listicles, and essays around social media, scientific discoveries, gaming, climate change and sustainability, transportation, and the intersection of tech, culture, and politics.
Ideal candidates should have at least 2+ years of experience in reporting and/or writing, ideally about lifestyle topics and tech. Most importantly, you should bring a unique perspective with a definitive voice to your work. Please make that clear in your cover letter.
- Pitch and write 2-3 news-pegged stories or timely evergreen pieces per day
- Synthesize information in a way that is digestible and relevant to our audience
- Work well in teams, listen to direction, and pitch in where needed
- Follow Mic style and turn in crystal-clear, conversational copy
- Monitor social media and identify fresh angles on top news stories
- 2+ years reporting and writing experience
- Availability to work remotely at least 3 business days per week
- Ability to write clearly and accurately
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Comfortable covering a wide range of topics
- A strong voice and innovative ideas