Technical Support Specialist at Givebutter
Technical Support Specialist
SUPPORT AND SUCCESS – SUPPORT
Givebutter is the #1 rated fundraising platform on G2, powering more than $150M in donations annually for thousands of good causes. Over the past two years, our team of 3 has become a fully remote team of 30+ Butter Slices, spread across 21 states and five countries. We’ve been certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021 and 2022, and our founders were recently featured on Forbes’ 30U30 list for Social Impact.
Our mission is to empower the changemaker in all of us. We believe giving should be fun, so you’ll want to do it again, and we also believe that work should be fun, so that you’ll have the greatest impact. We are excited to hear from talented people who want to work with other talented people in making the world a butter place—and have fun along the way.
Givebutter is hiring a customer-facing Technical Support Specialist to serve as the primary escalation point for technical support inquiries. As a member of our growing Support team, you will have the opportunity to support the fundraising efforts of a large and diverse group of users, ranging from small nonprofits to large educational institutions to Fortune 500 companies. If the thought of waking up every day and getting to “help people help people” excites you, you are encouraged to apply.
This role is a blend of user-facing work and backend technical problem-solving, with a special focus on serving as Support’s primary point of contact for all things related to bugs, API calls, integrations, data migration, and website integrations on website Content Management Systems (e.g. Wix, WordPress, Squarespace, Webflow, etc.). We are looking for a candidate that is predisposed to problem-solving, thrives on cross-team collaboration, and maintains a solutions-focused outlook.
We want to hear from people who..
- Are frequently praised for their ability to “translate” information between technical & non-technical parties
- Think one step ahead by anticipating customers’ needs and responding accordingly
- Bring a positive attitude whether working independently or collaboratively
- Have outstanding problem-solving skills
- Work directly with customers to resolve issues using a warm and personal tone.
- Serve as an escalation point for and owning resolution of certain technical user inquiries involving our API, integrations, migrations, bugs & troubleshooting.
- Work closely with internal technical teams (Product, Engineering, Design) to monitor and encourage consistent progress and timely resolutions while keeping internal and external stakeholders apprised.
- Own one-off projects to help less technical users take advantage of Givebutter’s features that require just a bit of technical know-how to set up.
- Act as a technical resource for the Support team by responding to internal inquiries and helping test scenarios raised by users.
- Document customer feedback, feature requests, and workarounds, and proactively suggest improvements to Support, Product, and Design (including a standing meeting). Work collaboratively to enable our users to be as self-serve as possible, streamline processes, and reduce barriers.
- Respond to inquiries from current and prospective users and donors by chat and screenshare in a timely and accurate way.
- Develop and implement projects to enhance Givebutter’s Support team and the experience of our users and donors.
- Analyze product malfunctions (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users) and report them.
- Partner with Content Marketing to create/maintain internal and external documentation as new features and enhancements are released.
Example Tickets and Tasks
- Customer tickets: “Our integration isn’t working” or “we can’t get our domain connected for DKIM email authentication.”
- Customer projects: Facilitating a data migration; Getting access to the user’s CMS-based website to embed Givebutter features on the site on their behalf.
- Feedback sharing: “I’ve had tickets from users getting hung up on X every day since we’ve launched that feature. The root cause is that they don’t know where to click. Design, would it be possible to make this button a different color so it stands out more? Product, can we consider embedding a how-to video next to that feature in the dashboard so users can see the whole process before they start? What other things could we try to reduce friction here?”
- Internal projects: Writing Help Center documentation; Answering questions in webinars; Finding ways to drive both proactive and self-serve support.
- 3+ years of customer-facing technical support experience working in a SaaS environment
- Experience with Zapier and other SaaS integrations
- Experience with website Content Management Systems (CMS), domain registrars, and DNS records
- Familiarity with API calls
- Understanding of how CRM systems work
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using help desk software and remote support tools (e.g. Intercom, Cohere, Zoom)
- Experience working with non-profits is beneficial
Our Support Team’s Culture
In addition to being dedicated and talented Support professionals that emphasize communication and collaboration, we are also people and lean into our humanity. This diverse and inclusive team is comprised of artists, weekend warriors, makers, lifelong learners, DIY all-stars, musicians, and more – we love celebrating each others’ personal passion projects! You should also expect props for well-placed GIFs, emojis, and wordplay… especially puns, spoonerisms, and portmanteaux.
Remote Work: Work from anywhere in the United States.
Health Insurance: We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance covered 100% for employees.
Vacation and Holiday: Take up to 15 days of paid vacation time per year plus additional days per year with the company. We also take off all 10+ Federal Holidays and provide 2 floating holidays.
Parental Leave: We offer 12 weeks paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers.
Team Retreats: Participate in team trips each year to meet and work in person as soon as it is safe to do so.
Home Office Stipend: Upgrade your home office with company-sponsored expenses including high-quality laptops, monitors, and modern technology.
Charitable Giving: Employees are encouraged to donate up to $50/month to any verified nonprofit they wish to support on Givebutter.
Professional Development: We offer learning and development reimbursement opportunities.
Love What You Do: We are a mission-driven company serving the charitable sector. Feel good about the work you’re doing and the company you work for.