Technical Support Engineer
- Job ID #: JR84099
- Functional Area: Information Technology
- Position Type: Full-Time Regular
- Experience Desired: At least 5 years
- Education Desired: Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- Primary Location: US-Florida-Orlando 2001 Summit Park Dr-F664
- Secondary Location(s): US-Wisconsin-Milwaukee 11000 W Lake Park Drive-F646
- Remote – Anywhere In USA
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payment solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round.
Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the team:
The Digital One Service Delivery team at FIS provides support for a new solution based on microservices architecture delivered in a containerized cloud-ready infrastructure. We will utilize the ITIL methodology to meet our Support objectives and to meet our client’s quality expectations. Our development stream leverages Agile and DevOps methodologies and this team will act as stewards of the production environment and be actively involved in code deployments. We are looking for talented resources to be a part of this dynamic team that will grow with the growth of the solution.
FIS is looking for a Technical Support Engineer that will work with a team of Engineers to identify our customers’ root problems and solve their issues. You will fix technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, troubleshooting, updating documentation and coding. You will make improvements to the product, tools, processes and documentation to help customers seamlessly automate their business processes. Overall, we are looking for a mid-level Java developer who is experienced and interested in doing customer support work.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
- Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code
- Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.
- Analyzes requirements and translates business requirements into product designs.
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
- Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
- May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- OS – Linux/UNIX
- Scripting – Shell, Perl, Python with experience with Chef or Ansible
- SQL and Database – Good SQL query writing skills with exposure to Oracle Databases
- Cloud experience – Supported platform running on Amazon AWS or Azure
- Good troubleshooting skills with basic networking knowledge.
With a 50-year history rooted in the financial services industry, FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to financial technology solutions. We champion clients from banking to capital markets, retail to corporate and everything touched by financial services. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, our 53,000 worldwide employees help serve more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries. Our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the FIS Online Privacy Notice.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.