Technical Support Agent at Symless
Technical Support Agent (part-time)
Do you want to join our growing team and help us continue to delight our users through prompt technical support and excellent customer service?
At Symless, our Technical Support Agents are a critical part of our mission to delight customers and provide them with valuable solutions to their most pressing needs. This vital position requires a client-centric problem-solver to provide our users with an outstanding customer experience. Agents communicate with customers through our online engagement channels. If you’re passionate about providing actionable solutions and topflight service, this role may be the right fit for you!
- Location: 100% Remote, based in a United States time zone
- Hours: Part-Time, 10 – 12 hours per week, 2 – 3 hours per day, M – F.
- Rapid response to customer messages throughout the entire business day required. Available from 9am – 5pm in your U.S. time zone, with the ability to quickly respond to all inquiries within 2 – 10 minutes (except during breaks: morning 15 minute break, lunch 30 minute break and afternoon 15 minute break).
About Symless and Synergy
Our mission is to help people use multiple computers together in one seamless and cohesive experience. Since 2012, Symless has proudly developed Synergy, an app that shares one mouse, one keyboard, and one clipboard between multiple computers. As well as having over two million users worldwide, our product is regularly featured on top tech channels like Linus Tech Tips, a channel with over 10.4 million viewers. It’s also used at some pretty neat companies like Google, Amazon, Apple, Disney, Pixar, Salesforce and many more. That said, we’re actually a very small company of about 15 people, so you won’t get lost in the crowd.
About the Role
We are looking for a technical support agent to provide an outstanding customer experience for both our personal users and enterprise clients. We receive regular inquiries via our customer engagement channels – Slack, Discord, Intercom and our online forums. This role efficiently responds to all messages while making users feel valued and personally attended to.
Here are a few things you’ll be doing…
- Monitor our customer engagement forums, Slack and Discord, and website live chat Intercom to create a positive customer experience
- Write engaging responses to incoming customer service and product support inquiries
- Help customers with account issues and general technical questions
- Rapidly respond to messages and ensure no forum post goes unanswered
- Create technical support tickets in Zendesk for our Synergy product
- Escalate tier two technical support tickets
- Follow up with customers to promote a positive experience
- Be the primary technical point of contact for our Social Media Specialist
- Create written response templates for commonly received questions to optimise our workflow
- Develop and set up engaging automated responses so customers feel promptly acknowledged
- Develop a customer support agent manual for use by future agents so they can get up to speed quickly on how to provide top-notch service
- Serve as a brand ambassador and delight customers with personalized service that catalyzes our users into brand evangelists for our Synergy product
- Capture positive user feedback for our marketing and branding initiatives
- Identify customers who would be willing to provide a personal testimonial for our Synergy product
- Actively contribute your ideas to help us continue to delight our customers, promote our brand, market our product and inspire our team members
- Assist us in fulfilling our company’s Leadership Principles in all we do.
Need to Have – Please have the following qualifications:
- Experience providing technical support for software and/or SaaS products
- Experience with any OS: Windows, Mac and/or Linux
- Ability to work 2 – 3 hours each day, Monday through Friday, for a total of 10 – 12 hours per week
- Available from 9am – 5pm in your U.S. time zone, again with the ability to rapidly respond to all inquiries within 2 – 10 minutes (except during breaks: morning 15 minute break, lunch 30 minute break and afternoon 15 minute break)
- Excellent written English – native or fluent English speakers preferred, please
- Friendly and helpful personality
- Ability to compose grammatically correct, concise, accurate and friendly written responses
- Ability to consistently provide an outstanding customer experience
- Effective problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- A creative and user-centric mindset always looking to make incremental improvements
- Excellent communication skills
- Open minded and always learning
- High-speed internet connection and reliable computer equipment
Nice to Have – We would prefer you have the following qualifications. However, please know, it’s not required you have all of these in order to apply.
- Experience collaborating with other software technical support professionals
- Experience engaging with high-tech users via Slack, Discord, Intercom or other similar online forums
- Experience using Zendesk (or other helpdesk)
Benefits of Joining the Symless Team
- A casual work environment
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunity for rate increases twice per year
- An environment in which your ideas and professional opinions are valued
- Collaborative, creative and fun team atmosphere
Thanks for checking us out and we look forward to the opportunity to get to know you personally!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!