Technical Solution Specialist at Community Data Platforms
Duties and Responsibilities:
Our ideal Technical Solution Specialist candidate is equipped with a broad knowledge of all tech stacks including MEAN stack. Someone with Unix/Linux terminal knowledge and at least 2 years of previous AWS – ec2, IAM, and S3 configuration and scripting experience is a must. They should be comfortable and have experience working on multiple projects with aggressive schedules in a fast-paced role. A successful candidate must demonstrate experience analyzing and solving problems across a wide spectrum of technology.
Effective leadership skills are essential in the Technical Solution Specialist position. The ideal candidate must have strong detail orientation, with proven analytical and organizational skills, coupled with the ability to communicate, both written and oral, effectively with all levels of management. The proven ability to work collaboratively on diverse teams needs to be demonstrated in the application package. There is huge growth potential for the right candidate.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Have a broad knowledge of all tech stacks including expertise MEAN stack
- Two years of previous AWS – ec2, IAM, and S3 configuration and scripting experience
- Most possess Unix/Linux terminal knowledge
- Analysis and problem solving skills to meet tight business timelines
- DNS Mapping knowledge
- Ability to provide server tech support between the hours of 11am and 4pm eastern (at a minimum)
- Database knowledge is helpful but not a requirement as long as there is a strong understanding of the technology in use
About Community Data Platforms:
Community Data Platforms believes communities get smarter and stronger by using evidence-based decision-making. CDP supports this mission by building data platforms in communities across the country to help leaders and decision-makers answer their Pressing Questions.
With a five-year goal of serving 100 communities, CDP believes it can support data-driven decision-making among governments, business, and nonprofits, leading to better outcomes among a range of critical community organizations. Communities have pressing questions and CDP’s team and approach develops actionable insights and communicates them clearly by using advanced visualizations. We believe a community data platform is an essential community service.
Working with Community Data Platforms:
We’re looking for ambitious and resourceful people to join a rapidly growing start-up serving communities across the country. Benefits include:
- A culture of intellectual humility and a passion for understanding the world around us (we don’t care who’s right – we care what’s right!)
- Working with driven and intellectually curious people who are experts in their fields
- A close-knit team that is devoted to a common mission
- The opportunity to be involved at the early stages of a start-up with enormous potential
- Being at the forefront of the big data wave and its application to community-based decision-making
- Remote work – you set your own hours and complete your work on your own time – no micromanaging!
Please apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the SUBJECT line of the email.
Location: International, but must be able to work between 11am and 4pm eastern standard time zone (at a minimum)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!