Technical SEO Manager at Endgame360
Location: United States only; preference may be given to candidates located in states in which we currently operate: AL, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, or WI. However, we may not automatically disqualify those living elsewhere
Endgame360 is a 100% virtual media company that runs Showbiz Cheat Sheet, Sportscasting, Remoter.Co, and MotorBiscuit. At Endgame360, our primary goal is to delight our millions of monthly readers with high-quality content. We are a creative organization at our core and relentlessly strive to foster a cycle of success: Building the best company possible, to attract and retain the best talent available, to produce the best content in the world for our readers. Publishing since 2009, we have continued to grow our audience along with the number of sites we operate.
What makes Endgame360 a great place to work?
- We are a recognized digital media leader with millions of monthly readers.
- We are a tightly-knit team that is passionate about the overall product and strives to be experts in the field. We have a collaborative culture motivated by mutual respect that fosters regular feedback and group discussion.
- We are an exciting, growing company and we want you to grow with us. At Endgame360, your career is what you make of it.
- Work from home, a coffee shop, or anywhere of your choosing. We have a distributed workforce, which means that you can work from wherever you want in your hometown (or during travel!) and work with brilliant colleagues from around the country.
- We offer competitive salaries.
- We currently offer an exceptional bonus plan in which each team member within the company is on a bonus program. We also offer a flexible time off program, paid parental leave, paid family medical leave, health, dental, and vision insurances, 401k with employer match, a continuing education allowance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, meet & greets, and financial advising.
As our Technical SEO Manager, you will:
- Report into our VP of Marketing/Audience Development and be accountable for the success of our Search product by achieving excellence in SEO best practices.
- Leverage your management skills to develop and communicate a winning strategy to grow traffic and revenue.
- Work cross-functionally with our Editorial, Tech, Ad Ops, Executive and Finance teams to make data-compelled decisions that increase traffic to our site.
- Deliver roadmaps for our major technology platforms and company projects. Establish resources needed to execute our plans. Monitors projects from beginning to completion.
- Act as our day-to-day in-house Search expert and monitor all SEO health metrics including keyword searches, user intent, crawlability, mobile-friendly, page speed, indexation, etc.
- Constantly staying abreast of new SEO technologies, concepts and best practices. Own the technical implementation and optimization of our tools so they are leveraged to the fullest and create necessary requirements.
- Build advanced diagnostics and data that can provide real-time intelligence on performance, ranking changes, opportunities and site performance.
- Remove negative SEO drivers by monitoring the site for potential risks and own the process that eliminates other sites stealing our content.
- Understand Google Search, Discover and News channels by staying abreast to changes and upcoming risks like core updates or site changes.
- Work closely with the Editorial SEO Manager to find opportunities and resolve issues.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- Be located in the United States. Preference may be given to candidates located in states in which we currently operate: AL, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, MI, MO, NC, NJ, NM, NY, OH, PA, SC, TX, VA, or WI. However, we may not automatically disqualify those living elsewhere in the United States.
- 3+ years of SEO or Product Management experience.
- 3+ years’ experience at growth stage businesses or scaled e-commerce companies.
- Firm grasp of SEO principles, strategies, and implementations.
- Proficiency with standard SEO tools such as SEMRush, ahrefs, Moz, Google Webmaster Tools and Search Console.
- Experience evaluating log files for crawl data using Screaming Frog or similar tool.
- Strong diagnostic and prioritization skills.
- Mastery of technical-SEO fundamentals (page markup & schemas, URL structures, site crawl performance, server vs. client-side rendering, caching & CDNs, etc).
- Extremely self-motivated, self-disciplined, and comfortable taking ownership of projects.
- Works collaboratively and communicates professionally with the team in a 100% remote environment.
- Bonus points: UX, analytical and creative
At Endgame360, We Insist That You Be You!
Our audience is made up of readers from many cultures and backgrounds. We celebrate that our team is no different. Here you have freedom to embrace what makes you, you: who you love, your gender identity and expression, skin color, age, appearance, disability, neurodiversity, DNA, military/veteran status, citizenship, and other factors that make up who you are. Your uniqueness is valued, welcomed, and appreciated here. We are dedicated to providing a positive workplace and base all employment decisions on your qualifications, performance, merits, as well as business needs. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!