Technical Search Engine Optimzation Analyst at Dictionary.com
Technical SEO Analyst (Remote)
- 2 years of experience in a Technical SEO Analyst role or equivalent
- Fluent with Google Search Console and Google Analytics
- Fluent with Excel and working with large datasets
- Proficient with using technical SEO crawling tools such as Screaming Frog, Botify, and/or DeepCrawl
- Proficient understanding of search crawl behaviors, budgets, and search indexing.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic statistical analysis (variance, average, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic programming and scripting languages
- 3 years of experience in a Technical SEO Analyst role, or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, marketing, business or relevant field
- Basic knowledge of Python and R
- Experience with building regression models and methodology
The Technical SEO Analyst is a hybrid role that prioritizes a data-driven approach to optimizing the business product’s organic presence and engagement. In this role, you’ll analyze technical SEO issues, prioritize insights, work closely with Data Science and Analytics, and communicate the strategic direction to business stakeholders.
- Perform site crawls using tools such as Screaming Frog
- Identify and analyze technical SEO issues and work with product and engineering to find solutions
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on code for newly developed pages and features
- Pull log and crawl reports and interpret data for meaningful analysis
- Work in tandem with the Data Science team to identify SEO strategies that will drive the best business outcomes
- Use a variety of tools to monitor our SEO technical hygiene
- Identify gaps with structured data and work with product teams to implement
- Complete technical SEO audits and competitive analysis
Who We Are
Dictionary.com is committed to eliminating anxiety with the English language through simple, expertly crafted definitions, the perfect synonyms, and rich narratives about the intersection of words and culture. We are the leading digital source for everything related to words and their meanings, with 70 million monthly users and 100 million app installs. We believe words are core to the human experience, and as such, we’ve made it our mission to deliver the best dictionary and thesaurus imaginable to the largest audience possible.
The Dictionary.com team exudes energy and a passion for words and language and is driven to invest in the people and products that will propel Dictionary.com forward another 20+ years.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.
Colorado Candidates Only. Pursuant to the disclosure requirements of C.R.S. 8-5-101, et seq., the minimum salary for this position for candidates in Colorado is approximately fifty-five thousand dollars. The position may also be eligible for an annual bonus and other employment-related benefits. The information regarding compensation and other benefits included in this paragraph is only an estimate and is subject to revision from time to time as the Company, in its sole and exclusive discretion, deems appropriate. The Company may determine during its review of the proposed minimum compensation and benefits provided for this position, that the compensation and benefits for such position should be reduced. In no event will the Company reduce the compensation for the position to a level below the applicable jurisdictional minimum wage rate for the position. The Company is a proud equal opportunity employer and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members.