Technical Customer Service Representative at VIPdesk Connect
Location: US Locations; 100% Remote (Currently reside in AZ, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, NC, NJ, NM, NV, OH, TN, TX, UT, VA, or WI)
The Remote Technical Customer Care Representative (we call Brand Ambassador) provides customer and technical support for an award-winning company focused on infant wellbeing. The Remote Technical Customer Care Representative assists customers via phone, chat, e-mail, and SMS while meeting metrics including quality and customer satisfaction using empathy to engage and build rapport—communicating from the heart, as well as the head.
What You’ll Do
- Provide general customer service via phone, email, and chat, including order placement, order tracking, warranty returns, and product advice with a thoughtful, friendly, and empathetic tone for an award-winning brand focused on infant wellbeing. Owlet’s innovative products including HD live-streaming monitors and the Smart Sock that tracks heart rate, oxygen levels, and sleep trends, alerting parents and caregivers via a connected base. Intelligent apps available on the iOS and Android platforms provide real-time notifications and historical data with insights into sleep behaviors and infant wellbeing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues including Wi-Fi connectivity, device setup, app setup, and configuration.
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow through to solve problems while exercising patience and willingness to provide assistance for simple and complex inquiries with positive energy.
- Convey knowledge, authenticity, and a commitment to excellent customer service.
Qualities for Success:
- Dynamic Communicator–With the voice of our client, team members provide responsive, accurate, and authentic interactions. While resolving technical issues, they simplify the complex, breaking it down to make it understandable to those less tech-savvy—and maybe even sleep deprived.
- Empathetic– We know how a message is conveyed is equally important as what is said. By putting themselves in a new parent’s shoes, our team members focus on the customer’s experience and connect, human-to-human.
- Knowledgeable –Our team is constantly working on improving skills. When new products are released and apps are updated, they enthusiastically learn how to support new features, functions, and integrations to confidently resolve customer issues. No matter what the issue, no matter how complex, we are problem solvers who welcome and lean into challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Create positive customer touchpoints using a friendly, respectful, and professional tone while exhibiting genuine empathy
- Accurately follow and comply with Health and Safety Policies
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in all areas of data and proprietary information
- Provide customer assistance with device installation and app setup and configuration on both iOS and Android platforms
- Apply high-quality customer service guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Assess customer problems, troubleshoot, and confidently remedy issues including network connectivity and device configuration
- Embraces the commitment to customer service and nourishes brand loyalty
- HS Degree or equivalent required. Associate degree or some college preferred
- 2+ years customer service experience required, experience in a virtual contact center a plus
- 6+ months experience with problem-solving and complex troubleshooting in technical support or online Help Desk role
- Experience with troubleshooting apps on both iOS and Android platforms preferred
- Committed to providing excellent customer service and an elevated customer experience
- Ability to collaborate with team members, contribute ideas, opinions, and skills toward the achievement of common goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Polite, friendly, warm, and courteous phone demeanor
- Flexible, adaptable, and willing to take on new challenges
- Microsoft Office proficiency required
- Technically savvy, including desktop platforms and mobile devices
- Experience working with Bright Pattern or Zendesk (or a comparable customer service ticketing system) preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, adapting easily to changing priorities
- Detail-oriented with a focus on quality and accuracy, ability to multitask, astrong sense of urgency, and commitment to excellence
- Self-starter with strong initiative and able to work independently
- Due to the home-based nature of this job, the team member is required to have a secure home-office environment, internet access, USB headset, router, modem, and a computer system that meets VIPdesk Connect policies and maintenance requirements
- Able to provide a work-at-home environment that is ergonomically sound, conducive to taking customer calls, quiet, and free from distraction
- Currently reside in AZ, FL, GA, IL, IN, MD, NC, NJ, NM, NV, OH, TN, TX, UT, VA, or WI
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
- 100% Remote/Work-from-Home
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance, accident/critical illness insurance
- Growth Potential
- And More
VIPdesk Connect is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!