Teaching Assistant in Graduate Computer Information Systems at Strayer University
Teaching Assistant in Graduate Computer Information Systems
Online (Part Time)
Remote / Nationwide
To create the optimal learning environment, the University relies on teaching assistants to support instructional faculty by interacting with students in online classrooms that have a large number of students.
We are currently in search of a passionate part-time Teaching Assistant to support our online graduate-level Computer Information Systems class for the upcoming Winter quarter starting January 6, 2020.
NOTE: Applications must include copies of unofficial transcripts to receive full consideration.
- Analyze student activity within discussions and assessments and choose the appropriate responses
- Accurately use the right type of responses based upon training and input from the master instructor
- Assist in managing generic student communications
- Utilize online learning platform (Blackboard) to communicate with students
- Escalate unique issues to the master instructor
- Assist with grading
- Monitor engagement levels and provide recommendations on the best approach on how to increase engagement
- Other duties as assigned
- Adhere to university policies and procedures
All degrees must be conferred and from an accredited institution to be considered
- Doctorate in Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or related degree, required
- Previous teaching experience with adult learners, required
- Exhibits sound judgment in making decisions
- Ability to lead group discussions
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong computer skills
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Manage potentially stressful situations in a professional and ethical manner
- Strong mental acuity
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strategiced.com.
At Strayer University, we’ve been educating working adults since 1892. That’s over 120 years of helping people earn their degrees and advance their lives. Today, we know working adults are busier than ever. That’s why we make education work with their schedule. Not the other way around. We offer convenient campus locations close to home or work in many states across the country, evening and weekend campus hours, and the flexibility to learn online, anytime. And we’re not just flexible. We’re accredited, respected, and recognized.
We honor and celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion as core institutional principles. We hold ourselves accountable for cultivating an innovative environment that reflects all stakeholders, building our foundation as a culturally competent, diverse organization.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!