Teaching Assistant in Foundations of Success at Strayer University
Teaching Assistant in Foundations of Success – Online (Part-Time)
Remote / Nationwide
To create the optimal learning environment, the University relies on teaching assistants to support instructional faculty by interacting with students in online classrooms that have a large number of students.
We are currently in search of a passionate part-time Teaching Assistant to support our online undergraduate level Foundations of Success class for the upcoming Spring quarter starting April 6, 2020.
NOTE: Applications must include copies of unofficial transcripts to receive full consideration.
- Analyze student activity within discussions and assessments and choose the appropriate responses
- Accurately use the right type of responses based upon training and input from the master instructor
- Assist in managing generic student communications
- Utilize online learning platform (Blackboard) to communicate with students
- Escalate unique issues to the master instructor
- Assist with grading
- Monitor engagement levels and provide recommendations on the best approach on how to increase engagement
- Other duties as assigned
- Adhere to university policies and procedures
- All degrees must be conferred and from an accredited institution to be considered
- Master’s degree, required
- Previous teaching experience with adult learners, required
- 3 or more years of experience teaching English, Communications, Critical Thinking, Business, College Readiness or a related subject at the high school and/or post-secondary level with experience teaching, advising or counseling adult learners
- Exhibits sound judgment in making decisions
- Ability to lead group discussions
- Ability to keep accurate records
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong computer skills
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Manage potentially stressful situations in a professional and ethical manner
- Strong mental acuity
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strategiced.com.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!