Federal Work-Study: Teaching Assistant
Saybrook University is seeking a teaching assistant to join the Department of Mind-Body Medicine in the College of Integrative Medicine and Health Sciences (CIMHS). The person hired for the federal work-study position will report directly to the specialization coordinator and will be responsible for carrying out administrative and support functions for MBM programs.
- Assist faculty with course development, syllabi revisions, assisting at residential conferences, and other related instructional activities.
- Support faculty with Canvas course set up and managing chatbox activities during videoconferences.
- Assist with program planning and organizing/updating program files, preparing Canvas courses.
- Offer support to students as directed.
- Actively enrolled in the PhD MBM degree program with good academic standing
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Willingness to collaborate as well as receive feedback and direction from others
- Familiarity with the MBM curriculum and navigating Saybrook resources located in the CIMHS Mentoring and Writing Centers, Canvas, and Library
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office tools and willingness to learn new technology
- Weekly workload will vary according to the needs of the department
- Time commitment: Maximum of 15 hours per week
- Submit hours in Workday each week
- $15.00 per hour