Tax Staff Team Member at Tooth & Coin
Tax Staff Team Member
- US National
We’re looking for a Tax Staff Team Member to join our team at Tooth and Coin. Do you have a tax/accounting education and skills or experience in the following:
- An understanding of tax preparation
- The willingness to improve your skills at tax preparation
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to self-manage time
- Working in a remote, digital
- Working in a team environment
- Being customer service oriented and a great communicator
- Willingness to learn and improve
Please Note: This position requires at least an education in taxes and some experience in tax preparation with at least the ability to sit for the CPA exam. Already having a CPA license is a big plus.
Are you wired to help others succeed and motivated to be the best you can be at work? Do you think analytically, not discouraged by multiple deadlines, and able to empathize with clients and able to understand their frustrations and needs?
Are you looking for a position in quickly growing CPA firm with opportunities for growth inside of the firm?
Awesome… Keep reading
The main duties and goals for the tax staff team member are:
Goals for the Tax Services Position:
- To further develop income tax preparation skills.
- To gain a deeper understanding of the relationship between business activity and personal income taxes.
- To improve communication skills between the tax staff and the client.
- To gain a better understanding of the pain points that our clients face and how we can address them.
- To become skilled enough to be able to prepare more complex tax returns and eventually move to the tax senior position.
Throughout the year:
- Assisting the tax team in delivering high-quality tax services.
- Deliver important tax documents to clients when requested.
During Tax Season:
- Gathering documents from the client in order to build tax files for tax season.
- Conducting a tax season organizer session with the client to assist with filling out the client’s personal tax organizer.
- Preparing individual tax returns during tax season.
- Preparing business tax returns during tax season.
Post Tax Season:
- Assist with updating the client’s tax planning document and submitting it to the tax manager for review.
- Preparing extended individual tax returns.
- Preparing extended business tax returns.
Mid-Year, 3rd Quarter, and 4th Quarter:
- Prepare tax projections.
Keys to Success
- The ability to prepare up to 200 individual and business tax returns, mostly during tax season.
- The willingness to improve at tax preparation.
- The ability to complete tax returns efficiently and effectively.
How much does this position pay (range)
$45,000-$65,000 per year, depending on experience
- 50% of individual health insurance company paid with HSA available
- 100% of vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- STD/LTD insurance paid
- Up to a 4% match on 401k
- Computer equipment provided
- Flexible work hours
- Fully virtual job
- Payment for Becker CPA review if needing it
- CPE and CPA licensure paid
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!