Job Locations: US-Remote
Requisition ID: 2018-8250
Category (Portal Searching): Information Technology
The Systems Administrator is responsible for investigating, and implementing best-in-industry, innovative technologies that will expand Inovalon’s infrastructure through robust, scalable, adrenaline-fueled solutions.
- Develop and execute designs for systems backed by excellence, confidence, and thorough engineering analysis;
- Use and build tools to deploy and manage Inovalon’s rapidly expanding infrastructure;
- Develop, gather, and leverage metrics to manage the server fleet and complex computing systems to drive automation, improvement, and performance;
- Leverage tools and technologies to optimize systems for high performance by ensuring optimization of clock cycle, IOP, and bit; and
- Provide intelligent and innovative solutions for various system issues.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Windows Server administration, and/or cutting-edge technologies involving virtualization, distribution, and high performance computing;
- Experience owning production system development from requirements to release, including detailed design, analysis, testing, and optimization;
- Ability to solve difficult problems with scalable, elegant, and viable solutions;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Experience with running servers in an Active Directory integrated environment;
- Experience with Microsoft technologies Cisco, replication, distribution, availability, recovery, and/or Alfresco experience preferred;
- Working knowledge of existing industry standards, technologies, and operational norms;
- Ability to manage competing priorities with tact;
- Experience in performance tuning and resource optimization of applications on virtual platforms;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft environments including Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, and Remote Desktop Services;
- Scripting experience using VBS and/or batch file scripting, Powershell, or similar language preferred – ability to learn Powershell;
- Experience with installation, configuration, integration, and troubleshooting of Microsoft SQL preferred; and
- Experience with Dell, HP, and Cisco blade servers, replication, distribution, availability, and/or recovery preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent experience.
Inovalon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.