Support Tools Specialist at Whatnot
Title: Support Tools Specialist
Location: Remote US
Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
We are looking for a Support Tools Specialist to own the design, configuration, maintenance, and ongoing optimization of our support tooling. You’ll collaborate with Customer Experience, Trust & Safety, Product, and Engineering partners across Whatnot. This position requires you to have strong technical skills, systems-thinking, project management, and process improvement experience.
- Serve as primary technical lead for the design, planning, maintenance, implementation, and continuous improvement of our support systems (e.g. Zendesk, internal tools, etc.)
- Oversee access management of our tools – both internal and external – including creation, deletion and edition of rights but also auditing
- Tool administration will also include configuration of tools, such as: changes in views, workflows & queues
- Drive requirements gathering, solutions definition, testing, and technical execution for new and complex use cases across our support systems
- Provide multi-tier support and collaborate with internal customers, engineers, and IT team members
- Provide technical consulting and business strategy services to internal teams as it pertains to use of our internal support tools (admin, Zendesk, etc)
- Create a continuous improvement roadmap through close monitoring of data and the proactive intake of stakeholder input. You will enable Marketplace Operations to operate better through optimized tools/systems
- Develop and maintain documentation and training materials that supports the best use of existing and new tools
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
- BA or BS in a technical field is preferred, but not required
- 4+ years experience systems administration, troubleshooting, and CRM tools
- Strong experience working with Zendesk (a must!)
- Demonstrated experience in defining configuration options, requirement needs, and implementation of new/improved system features
- Commitment to teamwork and proven track record of collaboration across cross-functional teams
- Strong communication and organization skills, with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate concrete insights
- Quick thinking self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and data management skills
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Professional Development
- $2,000 annual benefit to invest in your professional development
- 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts provided by Betterment
- Employer matching contributions of 100% of up to 4% of contributions on base salary
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more