Support Specialist (Venture)
$45k – $60k
Job type Contract
About AngelList Venture
AngelList Venture operates independently alongside AngelList Talent and Product Hunt. Each company within the AngelList family is focused on addressing a challenge to startup success: connecting with the right investors, building the right team, or launching a new product.
Angel investors and emerging VCs build their careers on AngelList. Over 400 angels have used our platform to run venture funds, meet investors, and deploy capital. Altogether, these angels and fund managers have invested over $1 billion in startups.
AngelList’s Venture team is building a community of world-class investors and LPs who invest in and support founders.
AngelList Venture is excited to be hiring our first Support Specialist. We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering exceptional customer support. This individual will serve as a key point of contact for investors who may need assistance with a variety of questions and issues when using the AngelList platform. This role involves troubleshooting and resolving complex issues in a timely manner via email and collaborating with internal teams to provide outstanding support to our users. The role is an exciting opportunity to be on the front lines with users and deliver a high-quality experience at a time when AngelList is scaling its operations.
- Respond to user inquiries in a timely, professional manner, via email as well as other channels
- Develop a system for prioritizing issues and resolving them accordingly
- Ensure accurate documentation of customer interactions within internal tools
- Collaborate with internal teams to propose improvements to our product
- Assist in developing documentation and training materials for internal teams and our users
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree (degree in English or Communications preferred)
- 2+ years of experience providing customer support for web-based software
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Genuine empathy for our users and a strong desire to provide excellent service
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, interrupt-prone environments
- Ability to quickly diagnose, resolve, and effectively communicate technical as well as finance related issues to a diverse audience
- Excited about the opportunity to be the first support hire on the team and establish best practices
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and use critical thinking and problem solving to troubleshoot complex support issues
- Ability to be in AngelList’s SF office for the first week of training
Please note: due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately only able to contact candidates if it looks like there could be a fit.
AngelList is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.