Supervisor Community Engagement
- Req. Number: 1902994
- City, State: Remote
Supervises the regional/statewide community engagement department. Establishes annual engagement outreach plans including those for special populations as required by the state. Cultivates relationships with community based organizations, advocacy and civic/community leaders throughout the state. Researches social safety net providers (community based and other) in order to populate and update “My Family Navigator,” a database of regional social safety net programs and services. Identifies creative gap-fill strategies and fundraising opportunities with state and regional leadership as dictated by available social safety net and public health statistics.
- Implements strategic plans for the markets they serve.
- Maintains relationships with important social safety net providers in the community in order to populate and update “my family Navigator”, a family of regional social safety new programs and services, to keep the navigator database as accurate and up-to-date as possible.
- Utilizes social safety net data in Navigator compared to county public health data and membership data to identify social safety net gaps in communities to establish HealthConnection Councils throughout the state and identify creative gap-fill strategies.
- Creates and launches need-based partnerships with social safety net providers, supporting evidence-based programs with positive health outcomes.
- Identifies inbound and outbound grant opportunities in collaboration with Engagement & Community Based Programs Department.
- Positively positions WellCare among community health leaders and public health planning collaboratives.
- Provides coaching, counseling, training and performance management to new and current Community Engagement Partners.
- Provides significant input into associates’ performance evaluations and hiring and terminations of staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Required A Bachelor’s Degree in public health, social services and/or related field
- Required 4 years of experience in community advocacy and/or “grass roots” advocacy efforts in Managed Healthcare, Public Health, Social Services, and/or Community Based Organizations
- Preferred 1 year of experience in managed care
- Preferred 1 year experience in leading/supervising others
- Intermediate Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Knowledge of community, state and federal laws and resources
- Intermediate Demonstrated customer service skills
- Intermediate Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from peers and management
- Intermediate Ability to influence internal and external constituents
- Intermediate Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Intermediate Ability to lead/manage others
- Intermediate Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated negotiation skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated organizational skills
- Intermediate Demonstrated written communication skills
- Intermediate Other Ability to present information to both large and small groups in formal and informal settings
Licenses and Certifications:
A license in one of the following is required:
- Required Intermediate Healthcare Management Systems (Generic)
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Excel
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Outlook
- Required Intermediate Microsoft Word
- Preferred Beginner Microsoft PowerPoint
Headquartered in Tampa, Fla., WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE: WCG) focuses primarily on providing government-sponsored managed care services to families, children, seniors and individuals with complex medical needs primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans, as well as individuals in the Health Insurance Marketplace. WellCare serves approximately 5.5 million members nationwide as of September 30, 2018. WellCare is a Fortune 500 company that employs nearly 12,000 associates across the country and was ranked a “World’s Most Admired Company” in 2018 by Fortune magazine. For more information about WellCare, please visit the company’s website at www.wellcare.com. EOE: All qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, childbirth or related medical condition or other legally protected basis protected by applicable federal or state law except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Comprehensive Health Management, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V/SO.