Subject Matter Experts – Criminal Justice at Career Education Corporation
Subject Matter Experts – Criminal Justice
Subject Areas: Criminal Justice, Criminology, Criminal Law, Law Enforcement, Fire Sciences, Homeland Security, Corrections, and Emergency Management.
The role of the Subject Matter Expert (SME) is to write original course content and assessments for online and hybrid courses. The SME is to work with the Course Development team to create course content within the guidelines of Course Development and the approval of Academic leadership at specific CEC schools. Time commitment and compensation is commensurate with content creation expectations.
- Write original course content and assessments to align with course objectives and program outcomes, suitable for online, non-traditional students. Identify or collaboratively create multimedia as appropriate.
- Understand the Academic goals and Learning Model of the designated school.
- Create original work and cited materials (< 10% of total content submission) including examples, data, or resources as needed.
- Collaborate with Academic Leadership, Instructional Designers, and Project Managers to edit, change, or modify content and communicate information throughout the developmental process to a finalization stage (via phone, email and teleconferencing tools).
- Perform contracted duties within the contracted timeline per addendum.
- Complete other duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree in discipline from a regionally accredited institution.
- 3-5 years of professional experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience developing curriculum for undergraduate college coursework in discipline.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Content expertise within the specified field of study.
- Ability to create post-secondary original course content that aligns with professional standards in the field, is suited to online, non-traditional students, is engaging and interactive and aligns with course and program outcomes.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with Academic Leadership, Instructional Designers and Project Managers to complete the developmental process within the contracted timeline.
- Remote work with availability for communication and collaboration with Instructional Designers and Project Managers.
Interested candidates should submit resume, a writing sample of 500 words, and degree transcripts.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!