Student Transcriptionist at Independence University
Student Transcriptionist – REMOTE
Online – Remote
The Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. CEHE operates degree-granting career colleges throughout the western United States and online. The college brands include Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho; CollegeAmerica in Colorado and Arizona; California College San Diego, and Independence University (online platform). All of the colleges are accredited by ACCSC, a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The colleges offer degree programs from the Associate’s level through the Master’s level in a variety of disciplines including Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Nursing, and Healthcare. CEHE is an at-will employer.
Coordinator, Student ADA (IU)
In support of the company mission, the Academic Transcriptionist provides student services and support for those in need of ADA transcription, services, and accommodations.
- Transcribe all class lectures in a timely manner
- Process requests for ADA accommodations in accordance with Compliance and Legal standards
- Coordinate all approved accommodations with involved instructors, Associate Dean’s and staff
- Maintain rules of confidentiality
- Create, format, and insert captions in instructional videos
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs.
Education: High School diploma or equivalency.
- One year previous customer service experience.
- Minimum 3 years of transcription experience
- Experienced in data entry.
- Experience setting and meeting operational deadlines.
- Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team.
- Must have excellent written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, dependable, show attention to detail and be able to meet deadlines.
- Working knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Possess social welfare skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and general database systems.
- Experience with OS and Windows operating systems.
- Experience with Angel Learning, Blackboard, or Pearson E-College.
- Experience in CampusVue, preferred
- Type 70 words per minute
- Full professional proficiency level of English
- Must pass spelling and grammar test
Measures of Merit:
- TBD by supervisor within 90 days of hire.
This specification is intended to indicate management’s designation of the position’s essential functions, which include the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions given this title, and shall not be construed as declaring the entire description of specific duties and responsibilities of any particular positions. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing such duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. All positions, unless otherwise noted in an offer letter, are 40-hour a week positions, and regular and predictable job attendance is a requirement for all positions. Ability to competently perform all essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation; a demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery; and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or workgroup are basic requirements of all positions at CEHE. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!