Student Success Coach at Ada Developers Academy
Title: Student Success Coach
- Location: Seattle WA or Remote, US
Ada Developers Academy is a non-profit, tuition-free coding school for women and gender expansive adults. We focus on serving black, latine, indigenous, and pacific islander communities, low income people, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. Our program consists of two highly immersive parts: six months of focused instruction, and five months of internship at partner companies, where students refine their skills working on real-world code.
About this position
We are looking for a Student Success Coach to support direct students services for the growing online track of our program. This position is responsible for individual student advising, Learning Plan process, community event management, and academic success tracking. This position has the option of being fully remote, and will serve students from around the country. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) with an annual base salary of $60,000.
Student Community and Wellness (65%)
Work closely with our students, both individually and as a group, to ensure both that their academic needs are being met and that we re cultivating a strong sense of community belonging. This includes:
- Meet with students individually to assess their personal wellness needs, and help them create plans for stability and support;
- Develop and execute individualized Learning Plans in partnership with the instructional team, for students who need a higher level of academic support during the program;
- Create full-cohort programming for students to increase community health, bonding, and learning;
- Bring strong creative thinking to student support, and develop a framework for new programs that can scale with us as we grow.
Communications and Events (35%)
Bring leadership and organization to student communications and events. Streamline our student-facing processes. This includes:
- Assist instructional team with organized communications with students, including newsletters, emails, and slack messaging;
- Support the onboarding process for new students;
- Manage academic events in partnership with the education team, including Capstone Presentations and mock interviews.
- 1-3 years experience in 1:1 support environments, including counseling, employee management, team-leading, or coaching;
- Strong skills in use of productivity tools (G-Suite, Slack, etc.) to help organize your work and ours;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience designing and implementing new programs;
- Functions well in a flexible work environment.
We hope to be drivers of change, and believe having a team of diverse backgrounds will enable us to strengthen our impact for others. Ada is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!