Strategic Sourcing Manager at American Cancer Society
Strategic Sourcing Manager
Area of Interest: Operations
Position Type: Full-time
This position is a remote role, open anywhere throughout the United States.
Lead the identification, management, and implementation of nationwide strategic sourcing initiatives in support of the ACS mission. Provide context, expert category/commodity education and advice to senior members across the Society in order to drive significant process, demand, and supply base change.
- Responsible for identifying and delivering results for Sourcing activities. Over time, additional indirect categories may be included in scope.
- Collaborate and partner extensively with the business and the rest of the Supply Chain team (supplier management, operations, and procurement team).
- Manage sourcing projects, processes, internal key stakeholders and key supplier relationships using category management practices
- Develop and/or support strategies and customized solutions for complex and strategic partnership agreements
- Educate key stakeholders on strategic sourcing, supply chain, and category management best practices, often requiring senior level involvement.
- Champion the strategic sourcing process and coach internal business partners through assisted and self-sourcing processes utilizing standard tools, templates, and processes
- Provide indirect coaching to Sourcing and supply chain peers; assisting them with best practices, as well as ensuring proper application of sourcing principles.
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of assigned categories (e.g.: supplier improvements, procure to pay process improvements, people/organizational designs, processes)
- Develop eRFxs and lead analysis of supplier proposals
- Lead supplier negotiations process and participate with other company key stakeholders in the development of supplier agreements and contracts
- Drive cost reduction initiatives with suppliers within category area
- Manage key supplier relationships utilizing team’s supplier performance management techniques
- Identify future sourcing opportunities
- Assist with development of standards, guidelines, and policy compliance requirements at a category and universal level
- Develop optimal number of suppliers across assigned categories, including appropriate mix of local suppliers
- Deliver year over year benefits in management of external spend in assigned categories
- Ensure effective risk and compliance management in assigned categories
- Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain or related field.
- Masters Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of significant strategic sourcing experience (including category management, supplier management)
- CPM, IACCM or similar credential preferred.
Specialized Training or Knowledge
Strong working knowledge of procurement and sourcing policies, processes, and procedures. Experience in Global eProcure, Coupa or similar Sourcing and Procurement modules is preferred.
- Full understanding of strategic sourcing and supplier / category management strategies, including supply management, demand management, and process improvements
- Deep understanding of key supply markets and key spend areas related to assigned categories
- Skilled negotiator and contract creator
- Fosters teamwork
- Mid-level procurement professional with established strategic sourcing track record sourcing indirect goods and services
- Demonstrated understanding of entire supply chain and associated cost and value drivers
- Ability to interact confidently and effectively with senior level executives
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Understanding of relevant products and category supply base
- Experience in conducting RFP process and negotiations
- Advanced quantitative and analytical skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong process improvement skills (Visio skills preferred)
- Ability to effectively lead teams and manage change within organization
- Self-confident with excellent interpersonal skills
- Exposure and experience communicating and presenting to C-Level staff.
The expected starting rate is $80,000-$97,500 annually. The final candidate’s relevant experience/skills will be considered before an offer is extended. Actual starting pay will vary based on non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, skills, specialty, and education.
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).
ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more