Title: Staff Software Engineer – Graphics/Rendering
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
The Engineering team is in search of a Senior Software Engineer to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
We’re looking for technical experts who can turn product ideas into reality and operate a diverse scalable of products for millions of customers, from the small to the behemoth. We’re excited by challenges of scale both the number and size of customers and a diverse set of products. If you’re looking for variety, we have it. We work in scrum agile iterations on short-term deliverable cycles. Every team ships code every day, and we push launches every few months. We’re motivated to not only deliver the best products, but also to personally achieve. We work in small teams and have growth tracks for both technical and management.
What you’ll do:
- You are a significant and autonomous contributor within the company
- You consistently develop high quality work
- You approach problem solving by applying best practices and opportune technologies
- You work with your team to innovate, design and build software that is stable and advance
- You write code that an SDE unfamiliar with the system can understand
- Your solutions are pragmatic
- You consider the legacy of the code you produce, limiting the use of short-term workarounds
- You create flexible software without over-engineering
- You make appropriate trade-offs, re-use where possible
- You are efficient with resource usage (e.g., system hardware, database, memory/CPU, etc.)
- You work on original ideas with stakeholders, peers and customers
- You help balance customer requirements with team requirements
- You support your teams evolution by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, team planning, and ticket/metric/COE reviews
- You focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions
- You take on projects and make software enhancements that improve team software and processes
- You work to resolve the origin cause of complex problems, leaving software better and easier to maintain than when you found it
- You are able to train new team-mates on how your team’s software is constructed, how it operates, how secure it is, and how it fits into the bigger picture
- You foster a constructive dialogue and seek constructive resolutions
- You mentor and help to develop others on your team
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of experience developing software for high volume, scalable SaaS applications
- A Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and a retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.