Staff Accountant at Clevertech
Work from anywhere
Be a remote pioneer with a company that’s been remote since the very beginning. That’s what we call RemoteNative.
Clevertech is looking for an ambitious Staff Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for Clevertech’s finances.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations.
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
- Assist with reviewing expenses, payroll records etc., as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with Payroll and Hiring analysis, including LinkedIn sourcing reporting
- Assist with other accounting projects
Requirements and skills
- Similar experience as a Staff Accountant or relevant role in accounting
- Excellent use of Microsoft Office Word and Excel; very good with spreadsheets
- Knowledge of an accounting information system is a plus
- Good math skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Degree in Accounting; MSc is a plus
Requirements Proven experience as a accountant Excellent organizing abilities Great attention to detail Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices BSc/Ba in accounting, finance or relevant field
You are comfortable with ambiguity and change, flexible with ideas, and are able to set priorities in a changing environment
You communicate with colleagues and clients effectively
You are reliable to your colleagues and are able to give constructive feedback to your team members to help them improve
You are a solutions-oriented expert with a client first mindset and demonstrate excellent service to build trust with clients
You are punctual and responsive, and show up as a polished remote professional (zoom background, distraction-free space, good functioning equipment, adequate lighting)
You know when to take charge and when to follow, you are proactive on client concerns and needs. You display good judgement and are able to make tough decisions. You are also willing to tell hard truths and give constructive feedback
You actively seek opportunities to continuously improve
You approach work with genuine care and are a delight to work with
You thrive in a fast paced environment and can deliver quality work quickly and with grace
Benefits of joining the Clevertech team
We know that people do their best work when they’re taken care of. So we make sure to offer great benefits:
1 Month Paid Time Off For You
Personal Development Fund
Flexible Family Leave
Clevertech Gives Back
Amazing Culture & Strong Community
Our team is made up of people that are not only from different countries, but also from diverse backgrounds and disciplines. Our focus on employing respectful, introspective and collaborative talent is what powers our company and our success.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more